Friday, August 18, 2006

 

Closing Comments

Wow, what a day!

I thought it was going to be boring, until the buyers came in and massacred the sellers, late in the trading day.

I must say, despite my "convictionless" position on the crazy SOX, they showed leadership today, brushing off MRVL's nightmare quarter. I may have to reverse my reconsideration of the sector-- if up on Monday.

Try to follow that :)

Again, I remain bullish on small cap, beaten down semi's.

Just in case you were away from the turret today, the biggest gains were found in Energy (+1.3%), Utilities (+1.3%) and the Internets
(+ 0.6%).

Finally, on a personal note, I have posted my best 4 week gain of the year, up 11%. Year to date, I am now up 26.5%.

The following stocks had notable upside moves:

FCFS, JSDA, BKC, DENN, MVCO, MLS, RMX, CLB, TEX, XOHO, GGR, CFK, GASS, ATPG, NGAS, GSX, QTWW, DRQ, HAWK, END, TUG, PEIX, ANDE, ADM, PGS, OMNI, BRNC, BJS, NOV, AMSC, PDC, BHI, CWPC, CNR, BMD, ALJ, FTO, DK, GST, MEK, NKTR, GENR, BVX, INHX, VPHM, NTMD, INCY, BIVN, AVNR, YMI, ARIA, THLD, CUTR, CLZR, STXS, AVII, NVAX, VICL, WGAT, FLWS, KNOT, PACT, REDF, WZEN, ANSW, MSFT, MO, ZNH, ANTP, FTGX, VOCL, FNSR, FFIV, PWAV, CAMD, LTRX, IKAN, EGHT, TERN, BRCD, FRNS, BEBE, WTSLA, ARO, EVST, NDN, VLCM, ZRAN, DIOD, ESST, NVEC, MIPS, CNXT, SGTL, OIIM, TIVO, GFX, SIRI, TASR, NTAP, CLEC, GLDN, CCOI, TNE, TAR, SLNK, OME, LOOP, AHGP, CPX, NSTR, CUP, TIE, INPH, DXCM, STAR, ZVXI, HIBB, LAVA, TGB, EZM, MII, SCT, FL, RYI, MIG and MDR.

The following stocks had notable downside moves:

TWPG, ISE, BOT, KR, CMG, CHCI, LEV, ISWI, SYNM, OLGR, IMCO, KFX, TIV, NAT, IDIX, ZGEN, MDRX, AFFX, GOAM, CAT, TKO, GGBM, AIRT, MRVL, RBAK, BBA, RSH, PIR, CTRN, GPS, CACH, SHG, RTEC, ATHR, SLAB, SMDI, ASTSF, NEXT, CALL, CPWM, GTLS, DITC, FMCN, DRYS, LPSN, DV, SIR, LEA, MTL, LBY, HS, BWA and THO.

Comments:
If every week was as easy as this week I'd probably still have all my hair and wouldn't be addicted to gin. I love the NY edge on this blog my being from the great Island to the East and all.

Hope you keep it going Broker A. I can't think of a better place to spend some time between trades.

I enjoy the rest of youse guys too.

Thanks.
 
John-

I greatly appreciate your kind words. I really enjoy hanging out with youse guys too.

lol
 
Medboy,

I use alot of different screening methods. However, when in the business as long as I, the best tool is intuition.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.