Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 

Getting Flat Prior to the CPI

Even though I am having my hat handed to me on NETL, BRCM and to a lesser extent ATHR short positions; I am still up 1.6% today.

Reason being: I also own SNDK, TUG, HD, DNA, FDC, SYMC, GME, GD, PFE and a dozen other stocks.

My point: Always be diversified amongst many different sectors-- even if you hate them. On occasion, those hated sectors will offset losses in your favorite ones. Moreover, in order to "stay in the game" during rough markets, it is important to limit risk by having more than one hand in the game. More importantly, know when to fold that losing hand.

I love small losses.

Bottom line: I am reducing my short positions to equal my longs. This way, the initial reaction to tomorrow's CPI data will have little to no effect on my assets-- making it easy for me to adjust thereafter.

NOTE: PALM looks good for a bounce up to $16.

Comments:
I'm kinda new so I was looking for info on why Palm would be set for a bounce tomorrow. If you have time could you give me an idea behind your thinking?
 
High rise lifts all boats analogy fits the bill.

Even though PALM the company displeases me,I am pretty sure it will participate in a rally-- considering its oversold-heavily shorted position.
 
so all the short will start covering and raise it's price further in a rally.

Sorta like TravelZoo but not nearly to that extent

Cool Thanks...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.