Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

Sector Spotlight: Internet

Barring a September market collapse, the internet sector will be my favorite tech sector to buy, up until January.

After spectacular gains in '05, the internet sector has been poleaxed, leaving investors to scratch their heads as their respective brokerage accounts lose by the day.

I always enjoy picking through the rubble, finding discarded gems that will oneday make me look "smart."

So, without further adeiu, here is my 2006 internet stock shopping list:

ALOY, OSTK, NTES, EBAY, VCLK, MFE, STMP, LQDT, QPSA, ENTU, WBSN and TOMO.

NOTE: Currently, I own zero shares of the stocks mentioned above. I am simply laying out my holiday season gameplan for my readers.

Comments:
If "the consumer is dead", and today's data seems to reinforce that view (not to mention CHS's 2M shares of total nothingness), then the world has pretty much ended, no? The next time to buy internets (and anything else) would be around Sep 2007, after the recession starts winding down.

well, so maybe i'm just bummed on a dreary down day. hey maybe the Fed will cheer me up! ;)
 
ACLI is a pretty good stock. Where'd u get this one? Longs are not selling their shares.
 
Hey Jerome-

I anticipate the "internets" to take market share from the traditional retailers, as they have been doing every year.

So, the consumer could be "dead," while companies like EBAY and OSTK kick Target and Sears in the shorts.

Also, LQDT is a play on bankruptcy or estate sales. Interesting.

ACLI is an excellent way to play oil/gas/commodity/ethanol-- as a transporter of all.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.