Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

Sector Spotlight: Metals

The CPI data came in as expected. Hence, the market has the green light to go higher.

Frankly, even the expected inflation data is too high in my opinion. Nonetheless, the market God's smile upon "as expected" with regards to inflation and jolt the market higher.

So, my convictions tell me the market will continue to trade up, unless "peace in the Middle East" unravels.

Today's market is led by gains in Metals, Homebuilders, Semiconductors and Networkers. In my humble opinion: a very nice combo for a sustainable, yet short term, rally. Short term meaning less than 1 month.

Regarding my shorts: I will be covering them all-- in an attempt to lever myself to this rally as aggressivley as I can.

The following metal stocks are showing some mojo:

ERS +5.4%
RTI +3.9%
TIE +3.5%
BHP +3.1%
RTP +3.0%
X +2.7%
NUE +2.6%

NOTE: The energy sector is rebounding nicely today, despite oil going lower. Furthermore, natural gas stocks are in the leadership position, with gains in: NGAS, BMD, GMXR, ARD and SWN.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.