Thursday, August 17, 2006

 

Sector Spotlight: OIL

Last week I was uber bullish on oil stocks. This week I am bearish on the group and will not consider buying them until they get cheaper. Understand, I do not "flip-flop" because I am crazy or indecisive. I adapt to what the market is telling me and act accordingly.

Last month, my biggest position was in natural gas. However, right now, I do not own a single nat gas stock-- due to lack of tropical activity in the Gulf. Frankly, I was sick and tired of almost wishing for an f'n hurricane, which would hurt alot of people, just to make a quick buck in the market. Sick bastard!

So, I sold.

My point: This market is not forgiving. There is nothing wrong with adjusting or even changing price targets, investment methods, or general forcasts-- in order to adapt and conquer this bitch.

Some might call my investment philosophy "too volatile" or that it lacks "conviction." To them I say: "fuck you" I am up 24% this year.

Back to oil.

Oil is going to trade lower, short term. I suggest not buying-- just wait.

When crude hits $67-68, take a stab at the USO.

Here are a few stocks to put on the radar and buy on weakness ( that doesn't mean to catch a falling knife):

CEO -2.9%
GLBL -2.4%
VLO -2.4%
SU -1.9%
UPL -1.9%
GMXR -1.2%
CHK -0.8%

Comments:
"To them I say: "fuck you" I am up 24% this year."

Nice work!
 
I agree "sick" I was doing the same thing.

I am taking a small flyer in gold however.
 
I own GLD.

I suppose the law of averages is making up for last years hurricane bonanza.

Good.

We need cheaper nat gas-- not higher.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.