Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 

Closing Comments

Although my holdings were up 0.9% today, I felt like I lost money. Today was entirely non-eventful-- as the great battle between the bulls and bears appears to have been postponed, indefinitely.

As for my holdings:

ACLI is kicking ass and taking names.

PALM is starting to feel like a mistake. The opportunity cost is hurting me and I fear their earnings, scheduled on 9/21, may disappoint. I hope I am wrong. Nonetheless, if the stock God's truly love me-- they will give me liquidity at $16.

TUG is doing well. However, I am opting to take profits here, despite the fact it may oneday get bought out above $30.

TXCC is my new dice roll.

VSTH is a new holding that should perform well, as video and music via the internet explodes. Think YouTube. Think Myspace.

UPDATE: For those who want to know more about VSTH, I highly recommend spending an hour listening to some conference calls. Here is the link.

CHS is trying to bounce back. However, at the first sight of $20, I will likely cut my losses.

ERS is boring me to death.

RACK is now butting up on its 50 day moving average. If the market starts to go down, RACK will get buried under a wave of market sell orders. Hence, I shorted the bitch.

The following stocks had notable upside moves:

DHIL, LTS, LEND, FRGB, LEH, LAB, KB, ISE, CLMS, JSDA, PFCB, PNRA, IMKTA, AIC, CBG, CLB, DE, TEX, ACLI, CAT, RIN, DWSN, JOYG, PGS, IFNY, UPL, AG, DVN, DPTR, CNR, OMNI, GSX, FSYS, GDP, SII, RIG, CWEI, CAM, BTJ, AEN, ICOC, ATW, HP, NEU, HES, CUP, TONS, NUE, X, RTI, TIE, ATI, PD, PCU, RTP, FCX, BOOM, CLF, STLD, INSU, FTI, MIND, TARO, CRIS, PGNX, HRT, NSTK, SNTS, MAXY, THLD, MYOG, NTRI, VSTA, CKCM, TGLO, RATE, LTON, BVSN, FLWS, SFE, PCLN, TOMO, GROW, KRY, AUY, SA, WZEN, HAUP, ECLG, WBSN, NCTY, LQDT, NWK, AVCI, IKAN, INTV, MRVL, STLW, RACK, ZNH, CNTF, LNOP, BCGI, FTGX, AMCC, BWNG, AIRT, PCTI, EQIX, HLIT, JNPR, GGBM, TLAB, SHLD, PIR, EZPW, CTIB, TWTR, CACH, ILY, OLED, SEAC, ACS, DGIN, DRIV, NVEC, SIGM, RMBS, AMD, ASTSF, CMOS, AMKR, ATHR, BRCM, SWKS, BTUI, HSR, TRID, FORM, ATE, IMX, COGO, OVEN, AAPL, TIVO, AUDC, CAJ, MFLX, ACTS, VIMC, GLDN, TWTC, TAR, RCCC, SURW, TKC, KONG, VIP, IDCC, ELP, CIG, CLAY, EGLT, DCP, ARCI, WRSP, SIM, IIG, GRZ, PAL, VTS, and GFI.

The following stocks had notable downside moves:

ADLR, GNTA, PGWC, PETS, AEHR, SGXP, MIKR, RBAK, DTLK, ZVXI, NRMX, JDO, TGC, MED, NVH, VSE, LRW, VIA, SIR, KNX, BFF, HSY, WBD, CHCI, LEV, OHB, JOE, CVTI, HOC, XNL, BQI, VLO, EWST, DNE, AVR, NKTR, PRB, FTO, GGY, DK, ALJ, HOKU, LCBM, NTMD, RPRX, ACAD, NBIX, GNBT, MO, EWEB, MIVA, RNWK, GOAM, MNST, ITRA, FORR, MAMA, SMDI, BKHM, AVNX, RBAK, OPTC, SFP, TSCO, LPL, PLNR, SGTL, TGAL, PLXT, IVAC, ITCD, VIV, VG, PNNW, CTCM, BWTR, KOMG and IMCL.

Comments:
Thanks for the answer on VSTH. I'll watch for awhile.

Excellent Blog - you keep this up and some folks are going to start noticing you.
 
Thanks alot John.

Frankly, I probably shouldn't be blogging as much as I do.

But, I love it.

As long as you keep reading, I'll keep writing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.