Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

Closing Comments

Today was a good day for the bulls. That's right.

Even though the market was down, many stocks did well-- as the bears held back their selling-- late in the day.

Today, there were gains in select Internet, Networkers, Oil and Gold stocks.

Conversely, losses were found in the Semi's, Transports, Homebuilders and Retail stocks.

Even though I wish the market would pull back a little, I am not sure the sellers have it in them to drive this market lower. Therefore, I believe it will be wise to wait for a clear direction, prior to taking any big positions.

As for me: I only would like to know who was holding RACK up today, in order to put an alligator in his/her pool.

The following stocks had notable upside moves:

ICE, GIS, DRI, CMG, CASA, RAMS, ACLI, URRE, GEOI, IOC, SU, ARD, HOC, EBOF, ARTW, USEY, DPTR, SCU, GDP, RIG, DNE, CNX, DO, AAUK, ACI, FPP, BTU, SRA, NTMD, GTOP, ACAM, BDSI, HSP, COLY, HYTM, DSCO, MIVA, PCLN, VGX, INCX, COMS, ONT, TLAB, SILC, BWNG, ATCO, TIII, GIGM, BKRS, PIR, PSUN, CTRN, BBBY, GYMB, EVST, BONT, PXLW, ININ, IGTE, CRM, SMSI, DSTI, BITS, IMX, COGO, XRTX, TAR, DECC, FTE, TPC, NYX, HCO, MA, RVBD, YAKC, MLHR, OSUR, TRIB, ZILA, ZRBA, IEDU, PSMT, QNTA, PSPT, MDV, NSU, PAL, SIM, IW, CLG, TMM, FCL, TRB and IHR.

The following stocks had notable downside moves:

AGE, CLMS, KB, ABV, PDA, JSDA, SWY, FMX, RUTH, LNY, EXP, WCI, NVR, SPF, GVA, MECA, MTH, UFPI, BLDR, KBH, REV, GWR, PACR, DW, IPII, JEC, TRMP, GGR, JOYG, BUCY, NTG, BQI, END, QTWW, CPST, TMY, NEU, ESLR, KFX, HOKU, SATC, DK, FUEL, ANDE, MEK, INCY, ALKS, ASTM, BMRN, WAG, NKTR, RAD, ABC, LDG, ESRX, TEVA, THLD, SMBI, MHS, RNVS, NPSP, SVA, HPQ, GM, INSP, TGLO, RATE, AMZN, TSCM, VSTY, PACT, BCSI, WSSI, STMP, NCTY, ECLG, WZEN, GROW, PACW, BKHM, INTV, EGHT, LPTH, MRVC, OCPI, AGR, LVLT, SMMX, TXCC, TERN, IKAN, DIGL, MRVL, GLW, FRED, DBRN, EZPW, JAKK, BKS, RSH, NDN, FD, DDS, GES, SANYY, WEDX, VIGN, TIBX, KEA, WSTG, RNOW, TTWO, KNXA, SAY, FORM, ESST, SWKS, INTT, NVEC, VECO, RMBS, MSCC, IRSN, ATHR, AMKR, CNXT, SIMG, EMKR, NVLS, SPIL, LRCX, ASTSF, HITT, NEXT, VSEA, FSII, MTSN, PMCS, PALM, SIRF, IVAC, GTW, PAY, ACTS, WFR, AATI, SMI, TNE, TKC, LTBG, CELL, PGWC, IFON, CIG, IPR, ELP, ENSI, NURO, OXPS, EPG, REST, PGTI, NSTR, CLUB, NCST, WSTL, INFA, AMSG, CRTX, MII, IIG, PLM, RAE, UQM, ANX, THX, LEA, AXL, MNC, VC, LRW, OCN, MIL, HMX and ITU.

Comments:
I feel the same way about RACK as you do. The stupid stock is definitely manipulated.

I shorted it yesterday at $26.68 post FED, thinking it'll come down just as all other stocks. To my disappointment, it held and actually jumped up near close.

I tried to double up this morning at $28.6 but my broker (Interactive Brokers) didn't have shares. It's strange as I shorted RACK often and they always had shares. Good thing it mysteriously dived soon after so I got out break-even.

I feel your frustration. The stupid thing was as steady as a rock today despite a crashing market.
 
That's weird:

I requested 50,000 shares from Pershing today and they said no problem.

Your clearing firm blows.

RACK will die tomorrow.
 
Depends on time, I guess. Once I shorted a stock, not RACK, but didn't get shares. But a little later the same day, I was able to short it.

BTW, I enjoyed reading your blogs.
 
Broker-A (sorry I don't know your name or nick name)

What do you feel about SMDI? I strongly think it is being manipulated very much.

Either case, what is your opinion about the stock and what do you think about the bottom? Are there chances that it might still go down or that's it? Is it a good time to buy at these levels?

Thanks for your time and opinion.
 
Tony-

On a blog I used to write for, I recommended SMDI (and was buying in ridiculous size) at $3.50, then I suggested shoting it at $11.50 (and did so in size).

Link: http://hundredpercenter.blogspot.com/2006/06/market-stinks-now-what.html

Anyway, I think SMDI is too reliant upon SIRI and fear they could get hit real bad on a shortfall. I'd stay away.
 
http://hundredpercenter.blogspot.com/2006/06/market-stinks
-now-what.html

Link above
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.