Wednesday, September 20, 2006

 

The Fed Doesn't Matter...

... but dumb investors do.

Today should be an non-event, since everyone knows what the Fed is going to do and what they will say. The notion to "sell on the news," when we already know the news is absurd-- but it happens all the time.

Usually, after a Fed meeting the market takes wild swings, as investors try to adjust to policy. I suspect the only thing that is holding the market back from being up 100+ is the prospect of a sell on the news scenario-- post Fed.

I will likely refrain from doing any more trades for the remainder of the day. The whole post Fed trade is often tainted by amateurs fucking up their positions.

My new short watch list includes:

LNCR, SORC, UNT, JCOM, GENZ, CTRP, UTEK, SLAB and AATI.

My new long watch list includes:

OVTI, NBIX, NWRE, AMTD, NITE, ELX, BK, CORS, ADBE and CTXS.

Comments:
ur right... market should be way up on this type of news (Morgan Stanley, Oracle, and no hike). then again, everything seems to be priced in.

As for my new shorts, I'm raising my stop cover an extra 2%.
 
The bears are having their lunch eaten for them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.