Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 

Quick Alert: Runaway Market

I must admit: As this market breaks-the-fuck-out, I feel incredibly stupid for holding cash and shorts.

Don't get me wrong, I own stocks like PTRY, BBY, AAPL, RIMM and a dozen others, but it hurts "missing out" on easy money.

This, my friends, is as easy as it gets.

We are seeing monster moves in everything growth-- 3-10% gains. I suppose the million dollar question is: Will it last?

Well, my technician says we could see another 250 points in the DOW and 150 in the NASDAQ. However, right now, the Nazz is butting up against minor resistance, at 2,200.

If you are a bear and refuse to cover your shorts, it may be a good idea to open some longs to hedge your positions. This market is driving the skeptics banana's and will probably draw neutral cash into the market, as investors fear "missing out."

Although, I disagree with the premise of this rally, I may open up some additional longs, so that I don't "miss out."

Comments:
250 in the Dow?! What's the time frame? I don't think we take out May's highs anytime soon (ie, this week). However today's rally was very convincing.

Nasdaq has room to move.
 
His time frame is 1 month.

I disagree.

Maybe its my ego, but I believe its worth betting on a Sept-Oct decline.

Now, days like this makes you feel completely idiotic shorting SIRF.

But, sometimes the biggest money I have ever made came betting against the crowd.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.