Thursday, September 07, 2006

 

Sector Spotlight: Semiconductors

The great Bull versus Bear war of 2006 is underway. The choice scene of battle is, of course, the semiconductor sector.

As most of you know, the semi's represent prosperity. For the bears to gain full control of the market, they must break the SOX. It is not a surprise to see the SOX up today, while everything else is falling by the wayside.

The bulls are making a valiant effort, in the semi's, to keep this bull run going.

However, I feel the bulls aren't tenacious enough to beat the bears.

In short, I have turned bearish, near term, on the markets.

The following semiconductor stocks are showing some mojo:

NVEC +11.5%
KLIC +6.1%

ANAD +5.7%

SLAB +4%

SIMG +3.7%

GNSS +3.7%

NVDA +3%

TER +3%

EMKR +2.5%

SNDK +2.5%


NOTE: The Homebuilders and Transports are showing strength too.

Comments:
Anyone notice the spike in SLB,and the engerys,in the last 15 minutes,,,any ideas why?
 
what do you make of the run on AAPL. Anticipation I suppose. How might you play that?
 
Well I would play it like this but I would need my time mechine too turn back to mid july when aapl was tanking on worries about Ipod,and warnings,mixed with sec options deal...thats when I brought at 54 and 52 and still have every share,I am waiting for some good news,I also did the same with a crummy company called aig..in da fities-
 
AAPL is a runwaway train, like ANAD.

Iam long AAPL and would not recommend shorting it now.

SLB is bouncing with the rest of the oils.
 
bouncie BOUNCIE Ballie,its almost friday,and I am think another week tops,till the RECOVER!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.