Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

Was Yesterday the Blow Off Top?

It makes a lot of sense.

Yesterday, Cramer was giddy, CNBC more unbearable than usual and I felt awful being on the wrong side of the tape. Most tops and bottoms mark high points in investor stress. Meaning: It is common to see investors step in at the top because things look great, while abandoning their positions at the lows-- because they look so bad.

Separately, I feel like punching holes through my monitor, watching SIRF tank (I covered my short $1.50 higher) and RACK not go down (I am short) as the market gets fucking ball and chained.

Also, I am seeing major damage in the SOX today. However, the networkers, namely: TLAB, RACK, BWNG, AKAM, JNPR and FFIV are holding their own and advancing. Go figure.

Comments:
For what it's worth, the Stock Trader's Almanac has today and tomorrow listed as a "bearish" day. Also, they mention that the "Week after Septemeber Triple Witching Dow Down 12 of last 15."

As for RACK, I was excited to see that this was on your watchlist to short about a week ago because I had it on mine also. However, looking at both the daily and weekly charts, the "Parabolic SAR" shows that this stock is in a new short term uptrend as of Monday. However, I do not see it going much higher ($30-31)

As for SIRF, I too was short on that one, and sold today - I see the risk of this stock reversing and going higher much greater than the reward of it going lower at this point, so I locked in the gains. The Parabolic SAR showed this stock was in a new downtrend as of Tuesday. Its next support level is in the low 22's. If that support is breached, it is clear sailing down to the 19 range.

I also just want to say how much I really enjoy your blog. It gives me some insights I would not otherwise be able to experience. Thank you.
 
Very thoughtful and kind remarks, thanks.

I really like your technical imput. Why don't you create a user name and chime in more often?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.