Thursday, October 19, 2006

 

200 Pizza's for CTXS

Sorry for the delay in posting, I was busy all morning sending unsolicited pizza'a to Citrix offices. Just the other day, I warned you not play earnings. So, ignoring my own advice, I went out and bought CTXS, ahead of earnings-- because I knew better. I really am a dumb fucker sometimes.

Frankly, I am staggered by today's swan dive and will remember to hate CTXS until the day I die. My knee-jerk reaction is to sell the fucker, break my monitor and move on. However, my brain tells me its a mistake to sell here-- too late.

In short, the earnings weren't that bad and the stock is already down 20%. I will probably wait a day or two and bulk up on it, in order to bring my cost in line.

As for the general market:

It feels like it wants to go down. The Semi's are fucking every sector with their AMD-LLTC-NVLS-MU type earnings. I think its a good idea to stay short the Semi's, particularly stocks like KLAC, SLAB and ATHR.

Additionally, I really like the action in the oils and feel they will move higher. Right now, VLO is my fav oil stock.

Finally, today the GOOG reports. If you are afraid to short it, because it is nucking futs, take a look at AQNT or VCLK. Should GOOG disappoint, those stocks will get knife-jobbed or vice versa.

Comments:
Sorry for your loss in CTXS. However, wasn't Cramer's call to dump this dog in the low 30's last month or so when it pre-announced?
 
Quick question do you buy more CTXS here? I used to own it and sold out of it for a break even hard fought battle. Do you think we should see a small bounce from here? Goddamn it looks like they are filing chapter 11 with the hit it is taking today. It didn't look that bad to me.
 
I will be "averaging down" shortly.

Cramer did sell CTXS. However, he also said buy JEF and AMD, prior to earnings.

We all have our bad calls.
 
BUY BUY BUY

More upside potential than downside at this point. Smart money will wait for another 5-8% down(margin calls). But if you believe in the company and going 12-18 mo. out. buy 1/3 here and another 2/3 later...
 
I intend to do just that.
 
ATHR is one of my favorite pick for wireless infrastructure play. I liked it at 17, but too chicken to pull the trigger. Now, I am not even considering it unless it goes below 20. Can you tell me again why you hate this company so much that you actually shorting more and more as it gets to 22? Avg. down? or something fundamentally wrong with this co. Thanks in advance for your insights.
 
broker, I too got steamrolled by CTXS this morning. I never anticipated such a harsh reaction from street though. All these idiot analysts decided to target CTXS in tandem. I thoght it is way overdone. What do you think?
 
I do not hate ATHR. I just think its too expensive.
 
Overreactions are a sign of inflection points (stress, emotion). Market "needs" a correction.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.