Monday, October 23, 2006

 

Closing Comments

In recent years, the only time the market averted a fall market slide was in 2003. If you recall, 2003 was a great market, as the U.S. economy emerged from death to making people rich again. However, because of investor stupidity, the market went up too much and got poleaxed, early 2004.

Can we be setting up for a similar poleaxing?

I doubt it.

Back then, the Nazz was up more than 50%, now we are barely up 7%. Plus, company fundamentals and balance sheets are far stronger now. I guess, the only parallel is the "stupid investor" gunning up stocks that are utter garbage. Also, expectations are set so high that if a company should disappoint (think SNDK, CAT or CTXS), its stock price will get "jailhoused." However, efficient markets sort these discrepancies out over time.

Today, I covered the last of my ATHR short. I didn't want to be short-- going into earnings this evening. I ended up making a small profit. Aside from a minor position in MZZ, I am now 100% long.

Over the next several days, I intend on buying more MVIS, GLBC, CTXS and DNA. In short, I feel the market is cheap and will surprise everyone with above average 4th quarter performance.

Comments:
Do you like CAT and SNDK? And where to enter new position?
 
3 days after the drop is usually a good time to accumulate.
 
You make a note regarding a fly buy of MVISW of 20K shares which would have been 40% of its entire volume today - was that for real?
 
He also just picked up a position equal to almost 20% of the average volume on the common. The dude either has balls of steel or is having lots of fun paper trading.
 
The purchases are real.

It is a thinly traded stock, so please beware.

I have been buying the stock all day and balanced out the cost basis-- after commissions.

For those who think I paper trade,well... fuck you.

MVIS is my diceroll.
 
I agree that MVIS is a diceroll but MVISW??? It's your (client's) money.

What are your targets on either of these?
 
MVIS has a technology that enables video projection for mobile devices.

Imagine your video i-pod or cell phone pictures projected, using green laser technology, onto a wall-- 20 inches big.

Or, your car's navigation system transmitted clearly onto your windshield.

Right now, MVIS has ample cash to last 12 months. Plus, they own 1.75 million restricted shares in LMRA-- which can be sold in March of 2007.

The company has brand new management, from GE, and is focused on ramping revenue.

Recently, a convertible bond came due and diluted the share count by 1 million. However, that was almost 2 months ago and it is my belief that most of the selling is done. However, another 3 million is due in December.

Basically, if MVIS can manage to get their technology in a portion of Ford or GM cars or MOT or NOK cellphones-- sky is the limit.

For now, I will go with a $5 price target.

The warrants give me the right to buy the stock at @2.65 and I believe are callable if the stock hits $5.25.

New Managements execution is key.
 
Why buy crap like MVIS when you can buy apple. I just can't see any point in trying to fish for putting it all on luck is a stupid trade. Apple will produce ,innovate, etc
I used to play your lets fish for a 10 bagger game. I lost alot of money. Sometimes its alot easier, if you let it.
 
Because I already own AAPL and all the other good stuff you refer to.

Occasionally, I allocate a small portion for potential grand slams.

Nothing wrong with trying to hit one out.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.