Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

Position Updates: VLO

Being long oil stocks is like living in a funny house with nothing but Mad Money re-runs as a sole source of inane entertainment.

I mean, evey fucking day there is a new sentiment. Frankly, I am losing my patience with my oil holdings, although I won't sell them since they are part of my asset allocation. Nonetheless, because of the lack of consistancy, I really have little conviction putting new money to work in the oils.

Instead, I'd rather "place my bets" on the Networker, Software or Internet sectors.

Comments:
you like AKAM turning up before thurs earns?
 
or NTRI in the next 20 minutes ;) everybody seems to be piling in before ER tonight - Lehman says get while it's hot.
 
I like AKAM and NTRI.
 
Yeah, I'm thinkin energy is good for trading, but too much dumb hot money chasing it up and down for investing.

You'd think it would get bored and move to something else. Maybe it will if oil flatlines for a while.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.