Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

Closing Comments

Many of you probably think I am out of my fucking mind. For the last week or so, I have been uber bullish and have been buying as many high multiple tech stocks I could muster-- even an airline stock. Then, towards the end of trading today, I fucking bailed on many positions and went short SIRF.

My reasoning is simple:

I don't want to be the last bull at the party, ever. I am not stupid. I see the market declining and perhaps a change in sentiment, so I reacted. If I were to just sit and watch my positions decline, then I would never outperform.

In short, I am at my best when I react to a shifting market, instead of riding it out.

So, for now, I will continue to hold the majority of my long positions and add a few shorts to the mix "just in case."

Frankly, I thought today's dip was different from the others, as the asshole dip buyer was absent from the action.

My current bear watch list includes:

MNST, SIRF, ATHR, RACK, CROX, LRCX, SLAB, ANAD, CCJ and TSCM.

Comments:
Do you like BRLC going into earnings?
 
They should be alright. However, pay close attention to their margins-- not too good.
 
Hey Since when can't a trader change with info flow ? Nothing wrong with that!!! Things change by the minute on the street called wall, and traders and investors change alike, yes-

FLY-Bye
Hey I brought DNA today a2 81.87-

Whats gonna happen to me ?
 
DNA will be fine.
 
I was looking foward to one of you great disclosure laugh lines...I mean do you know you could have written for the big one...Johnny carson-- really very funny stuff!
 
Just one question --is the CMX/CVS good news for managed care health insures like UNH and my fav ci and wlp...I mean it looks like they may be a price war- that means lower prices for companies like Wellpoint?
 
thanks

cvs=cmx= non event.
 
non event cut esrx down a bit, no? bmet was a layup, rare to see a publication like the FT bang the table on a takeover. Should have 6 to 9% upside from here.
 
any thoughts/leaning on jdsud or cien?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.