Thursday, November 02, 2006

 

Closing Comments

Unless today's benign down day was some sort of evil, clever ploy by the bears, to get more bulls on the markets carpet, they missed out on a great opportunity to take control.

However, if tomorrow's economic data is really bad, they (bears) may get another opportunity to steam roll the happy-go-lucky dip buyer.

Bottom line: Today was a big win for the bulls and for select tech stocks like EBAY, and select Retail stocks like GES. If the sellers cannot take advantage soon, I will be forced to cover my new shorts for losses. Fuckers.

NOTE: After the close WFMI reported an ugly number and forcast. What does that mean? The consumer prefers to buy fucking iPods, instead of fresh, organic, high quality produce?

Comments:
I never bought into the Whole Foods idea. There may be a market for what they're selling but I think it is fairly limited. Given a choice most people aren't going to pay a premium price for groceries. The well to do may shop there but growth is in volume and volume is in being affordable to the masses.
 
traderjoe's is better - same quality but less expensive
 
wfmi is probably sandbagging. Why set the bar really high - then they would really have to perform.
 
I wouldn't read too much into today's action. Tomorrow we have employment numbers. It's usually quiet the day before.

I wouldn't put too much weight into actions of individual stocks. I don't know why you hate SIRF so much. It had some good news lately and some good pumps. Why shouldn't it move up a bit after yesterday's sell-off?
 
I don't hate SIRF. I just want it to DIE.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.