Friday, November 10, 2006

 

Closing Comments

Today was an uneventful bull market day. Aside from commodity based stocks, the market advanced, orderly, until it fucking closed. For the week, I was up 0.9%. However, I am really getting frustrated with my short positions-- as many other idiots who are short stocks.

Let's face it: The market is chockful of buyers. Just today, I had a discussion with a fellow money manager and we couldn't pin down where all the liquidity, to drive stocks up, was coming from. Until I floated the brilliant idea that the asshole dip buyers are actually aliens from outerspace, who enjoy jacking high multiple tech stocks up-- in order to placate the populace before they attack us. Considering they are so advanced in counterfeiting technologies, their resources are unlimited. Bad news for the bears.

Aside from that theory, nothing else made any sense.

During today's trading, I liked the action in CTRP, CHINA, FLWS, AKAM, IKAN, ASEI, NYX, MKTX, ICE and ISE.

Comments:
mvis is active in after hours. do you have any news on it?
 
I happen to be one of those asshole dip buyers, btw. What should I be doing instead?

TIA
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.