Wednesday, November 08, 2006

 

Sector Spotlight: Semiconductors

Sorry for obsessing with the SOX, but I feel it will lead the broader indices-- up or down. And, right now, the Semi's are barely down. Considering NSM warned, again, and the Dems bitch slapped the GOP-- they should be down 3%+.

The reason why they are not: Asshole dip buyers. It's that simple.

If the market goes up today, I might have to throw away my crystal ball. This should be an easy day for the sellers. Let's see if they attached their balls to their bodies, prior to coming to work today.

As for the Semi's:

Watch out for misdirection. This sector has a tendency of tricking people, both long and short. Right now, I am seeing strong upside reversals in BRCM, NVDA, ISIL and many others.

I swear the sellers are pussies.

Comments:
The sellers may be weak for good reason. I sense the tide has turned in favor of the bulls, long term. "Secular bull" being born? We'll only know in hindsight.
 
"... being born?" ?? This secular bull is 4 years old. In stock market years, that's about eleventy-twelve or so... but I totally agree it don't look weak in any way. Looks like the Elephant roast has merely provided a dip for Broker's "f'ing dip buyers" ;)
------

Check out UTSI - it's hot. As in, "on fire". As in, "burning to the ground" ;) Heartwarming.
 
I despise UTSI, sorry. I once lost an absurd amount of money in it.

As for the "secular bull," I seriously doubt this is the beginning of a long stretch.

Don't forget, the Gov't is injecting 100's of billions into the economy via Iraq war. Once that ceases, so does your secular bull.
 
FORGET THE SOX. IT IS BETTER FOR YOUR HEALTH. AS IN HEALTH FOOD STORE LIKE WFMI
 
UTSI: emphasis on "burn to ground"; I plan on shorting them to oblivion, with luck. Or is your issue unpredictability with them either way.

Notice ACH up 6% today while AL, AA flat; I think ACH is ready to trend up after being beaten down over past price cuts. I like ethanol/solar again and FTEK under Dems. So long as they're gonna raise taxes and piss away money, they may as well piss it on some of my stocks.
 
Agree with you that bears deserve to be killed. Can't even take advantage of such a great opportunity like today. QQQQ's even going greeen. HA!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.