Thursday, December 28, 2006

 

Sector Spotlight: Financials

In 2006, the backbone of the market was found in the Financials. Because the Financials represent the largest weighting in the S&P 500, they usually lead the market up or down.

This year the brokers/money management firms had monster years, Stocks like GS, BSC, LEH, IAAC, GROW and DHIL had banner years-- as investors piled in. I still like the sector, but will not buy at these levels.

Instead, I am looking to add to my CORS position or start a new one in a cheap regional bank, like NAL.

Bottom line: There are so many publicly traded Financials that are cheap. You just have to do a little homework to find them.

As for today's trading:

I see some of you are heckling me over VLO. Good. The last time you fuckers started bitching over oil-- it took off like a rocket ship. The mob is always wrong. Right now, the unwashed mob says oil will trade lower. I say, instead of worrying where the price of oil will be in a month-- why not drink another can of Monster Energy soda or juice?

I feel the market will do great during the first 2 weeks of 2007. Therefore, when stocks like HANS, RIMM or VLO dip-- I will be there to instruct my servant/trader to fucking buy a little more-- in between snacks.

Finally, someone is walking MVIS up at the end of trading-- for the last week. Right now, there is a lot of hype regarding its new projector-- to be unveiled 1/9/07. My game plan is simple: Anything under $4.00 is cheap. I want to instruct my servant/trader to buy the dips and get me warm, not hot, slices of pizza-- every other hour until closing. Oh, don't forget to pick me up another can of Monster Energy soda, bitch.

The following Financials have mojo:

FCFS +9%
IAAC +5.3%
OPY +3.3%
COWN +1.95%
ICE +1.5%

Comments:
HANS/MVIS sure looks better than AAPL today, the perverbial “house of CramerPOS”.
 
Steve Jobs is a criminal and should get the electric chair for the shit he is putting his shareholders through.
 
Don't miss Cramer's 12/22 video on Games Hedge Funds Play. Incredible.
 
A,
What's the purpose of having MVIS & MVISW?
WHat do you think of LMRA?
 
"What's the purpose of having MVIS & MVISW?"

To make money.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.