Tuesday, December 19, 2006

 

Sector Spotlight: Gold

Well, the fuckers from Thailand got exactly what they deserve--a 15% nose dive in their markets. First of all, if anyone still had money there, AFTER the military coup, they too deserve to lose 15% in a day. Secondly, Thailand sucks anyway. And, finally, who really wants to invest in a country that requires his/her money to be locked in a vault, with no interest, for one year--just to have the "privilege" of buying their crappy stocks?

Answer: Nobody.

As for our crappy markets:

On Friday, I felt bulletproof. As a matter of fact, I said we were going straight up-- until year end. Once again, mother market "corrected" my over bullish position with several hundred thousand lashings to my face and neck.

Frankly, CC is run by a group of brainless monkeys on lsd-- with all that lcd inventory. Every time I visit CC, I leave saying "boy this store sucks, CC is going to be in the shitter one day."

Wa-la. She is in the shitter today. Hopefully, the fucktards who are in charge at CC will draw down their lcd inventory and diversify their business.

Finally, because the dollar is tanking, oil and gold are on fire. Again, I feel buying oil/gold is an excellent way of hedging the dollar decline and would always keep 10% in oil and another 4% in gold.

I suspect stocks like VLO, UPL, AUY and HL should do well in a weak dollar environment.

NOTE: Donald Trump's vodka is being sold by a very small company, DKAM. The stock has been on fire as of late. Any thoughts?

Comments:
DKAM is on fire. What a day! Always go with The Donald.
 
Since your long sentiment is now slightly less than bulletproof, I'll float another short notion: RATE - their web site (bankrate.com) has transitioned from useful to useless, IMHO; they have an acquisition in trouble, and if you check out their web traffic at alexa.com, you can see it has been steadily sliding all year long.
-------

And if I post any more idiotic ideas (like shorting LFC), please call me an idiot. Slightly embarrassing, but much cheaper ;)
 
I like NILE on the short side.

No position, yet.
 
Have no fear, the ADB are here!

Seems like they are sleeping in these days or maybe they're doing their Christmas shopping in the mornings.
 
Similar to Jerome, if I ever get another idea to short anything, please kick me in the nuts instead. Less painful.
 
i think the Thai gov should drink some DKAM
 
Donald-ka and Monster highball !
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.