Friday, December 15, 2006

 

Sector Spotlight: Internet

On the back of better-than-expected inflation data, the bulls on Wall Street are stampeding-- leaving the remaining bears bloodied and mangled. If you are still waiting for the hammer to drop on U.S. equities, you are not drinking enough Monster Energy soda.

May I suggest drinking 2 big cans, prior to making another beartarded decision with your portfolio?

You'll never drink Pepsi again.

Which reminds me, HANS is cheap and is getting ready to pop. I can sense it. Or, maybe it's just the darn Monster Energy soda that makes me think HANS is cheap. Hmm.

I think I will ponder this important question, and others, over yet another can of Monster Energy soda. I'll be sure to get back to you with the "truth," once I discover it.

As for the today's trading:

The momentum players are all over the Airliners, Homebuilders and Steel stocks. While minor weakness persists in the Oils and Gold.

If I were looking for momentum, which I am not, I'd position into the Internet sector, as the holiday shopping season winds down.

Within the group, I like DIET, AMZN, EBAY and STMP for a trade.

Additionally, there is plenty of momo in the Networkers. As a matter of fact, they stay on fire. Within that group, I like EQIX, NETL, CIEN, SVVS, AKAM and GLBC.

NOTE: I think this guy has lost his mind, at the hands of Austin Passamonteof, e-mini futures fucking guru. He is leaving all sorts of weird messages on a variety of blogs. Such as this one:

I am one of the best futures trader and you have to respect me for pulling in on avg 8k a day trading CME Globex futures contracts. This is the easiest money made in this business and I plan to make 500% per year like my mentor Austin Passamonteof of Coiled Springs E-Mini Trading. Good luck everyone. Check out his website.
cal on 2006-12-14 14:39


or this one:

You really need to start trading futures, you'll make more money....and it avoids you having to trade 50 stocks which is just crazy, I'm starting to do my research and the emini's are the way to go, $500 to control 1 contract, and 1 point gain is $100....
Cal on 2006-12-13 05:27


Sounds like someone is drinking far too little Monster Energy soda, doesn't it?

The following Internet stocks have mojo:

GOAM +8.3%
MAMA +7.3%
DSCM +5.5%
DIET +5
ENTU +4.8%

Comments:
Haha yeah I have seen these fucks that say they are making 100% per year. If it is that easy wouldn't everyone be doing it?

Fucking morons out there.

Broker A what do you make of the SPR action this morning? I tiptoed in at 30.
 
As a badly gored fucktarded short term bear the last few days have been pure pain. I'm actually mostly in cash though I did buy some index NDX puts into the rush this morning.
Do you look at overbought/ sold stuff much? The market seems extended to me. I'm more of a red bull fan LOL.
-clint
 
SWKS gapped this AM on speculation of iphone contract. What do you think about a stradle-- swks short, aapl long?
 
disregard my last post.
 
what do you think of WFMI now - it's showing resilience (way down here, albeit), noone's paying attention anymore, and I'm not sure the growth story can get worse (the $64 question). But maybe PE decay has stabilized unless the story changes...
 
'steel' stocks - lay off the energy drinks
 
This is what the bulls have done to the bears since July.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MddPeH1DAvY

"possibly bend you over and smack that"
 
I just tried to trade the futures for the first time and lost 20 points on the DowEmini. Little did I know that each tick was more than 1$ and I had bought 20 contracts. So my account was officially cut in half. Damnit why the hell does everyone make it seem so easy. Every fucking guru is making money but I lose thousands. Fuck it.
 
I hope you're joking. Please advise.
 
Steal corrected to steel. I blame the Monster on my desk for that error.

--Not yet on SPR.

--I don't think the market is "toppy." Don't you guys get it?

Hello. Bull market.

Go drink some more Monster.
 
I think it was the energy soda that made me think HANS was about to pop.

I am still working on the "truth."
 
Broker,
Have you had a chance to take a look at S-I-M-G ?
 
I may be wrong, but I think HANS's days were long gone. It popped purely due to traders finding stocks to push. IMO, HANS is one of the last batch. When dogs like HANS start to pop, markets' days are numbered.
 
what's wrong with making money and posting it? hell if people lose money in something and make money in another they should stick with what works. I studied how futures trade intra-day and started trading. I had a big day one time, big deal. Why are you bashing someone for doing well in the market?
 
Cal--

I am not really bashing you. However, I do believe you have delusions of grandeur and shou;d be kept out og high security area's.

Honestly, do you really believe you are going to make 500% or whatever you said you were going to do?

If so, can you please inform the trading desks of every major investment bank of this easy money method, so that that they could stop messing with my stocks and stick to the emini futures market?

Thanks
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.