Friday, January 12, 2007

 

Closing Comments

I know, any day now the market is going to crash. As we all know, the housing market is in the freezer and the country is going down the shitter.

I can sit here all day, bellowing over how fucked up everything is and why everyone is wrong-- going long U.S. equities. But, that wouldn't make me much money, would it?

My point: It is never a good idea betting against prosperity or being stubborn with investment philosophies.

Frankly, I may think stocks are a little pricey, but I will never get in front of a speeding bull train. That's fucktarded.

If market sentiment reverses and stocks start heading lower, I'll start hedging. Until that happens, I'll stay long and enjoy the ride, while it lasts.

As for today's trading:

Oil was the big star today, as the asshats who trade the commodity decided today was a good day to go up. Seriously, I have no interest in adding to existing oil positions. I have enough. Plus, I have better things to do, than to invest along side a bunch of asshats.

I had a terrific week, +2.6%-- giving me a year to date return of 7.9% already. I know, you are jealous because your dicktarded account is eating dirt. The Fly sends his regards-- but does not feel sorry for you (notice the third person format). If you are losing money now, that means you are a bad stock picker or worse-- a short seller. The Fly has no patience for such vermin.

Finally, today I witnessed many small cap stocks gapping higher, such as SFE, ARTG, BWEB, INPH, ANTP, FTGX and BHIP. Typically, when the shit floats to the top-- it is time to get out of the water. However, so far, I do not think there has been excessive run ups.

Have a great weekend.

Comments:
Well said bitch! Also congrats on the great start to the year but as you know it doesn't mean shit yet so I won't act like it does but your kicking my ass with my 2.6% gain (I attribute a lot of that to your sharing of wisdom ;) HANS rocked this week. With all that shit said I am wishing you a happy MVIS weekend and would lay out my pick of Chicago -8.5 for the weekend games. By the way for your hard work be sure to get you a dime piece stripper for the weekend! Thanks for everything dude...
 
Thank you.

However, should you call me "bitch" again, I will be forced to bulldoze your house.

Kind Regards.
 
This is a very conradictory closing piece and I'm wondering if we'll see another flip flop out of you sometime next week. Which will inevitably end up with you shorting, getting slaughtered, then going long everything on the naz that has a pulse. I'm starting to wonder if you're related to John Kerry.
 
When the turds float high, time to say bye.
 
John Kerry is my step-uncle.

I never get "slaughtered" on my shorts-- just severly "kaned."
 
Broker,
ONT is looking interesting. What's your take on it? Looks volitile, but a prime acquisition target.
J
 
via Think Equity:

On2.com: Top Pick for 2007 - ThinkEquity (1.20 ) : ThinkEquity says ONT is a Top Pick for 2007, as they believe the trend of shooting, editing, storing, and distributing individually produced video, and sharing that content with others via community sites should continue to proliferate. Given their belief that in 2007 the wireless handset will become an increasing touch point for consuming and recording video, they believe On2 Technologies, with its video compression technology, is best positioned to benefit from the proliferation of video convergence and the "three screens" phenomenon, making it their top pick.
 
Where is all this online video heading?
I would bet google will lead the way, with a search feature in Apple-TV.
I think cable TV will go the way of print newspapers, the shift is on to IPTV. I read a couple articles about AT&T's new IPTV service called U-Verse. MSFT and the xbox 360 are supposed to offer the service through the 360 sometime in the fall. The same article mentioned the ability for users to control camera views with the video game controller at sporting events.
The internet will allow TV to be an upstream and downstream.
I'm starting to sound like fucking Mark Cuban.
It's time for a Newcastle.
 
Cuban is a fucktard.
 
good work this week Fly. I'm up 9% ytd which actually pales in comparison to your trades since I manage a much smaller portfolio. nevertheless, I ain't jealous yet. the market is on fire so it's making everyone look like a genius, except for short sellers. i have effectively covered all my shorts, exiting KNOT earlier this week... bad move shorting KNOT, but at least I wasn't long oil. joke.

I don't think we'll see a significant sell off triggered by the big boys until early to mid-February in anticipation of the Fed meeting in March. Fedspeak is becoming more and more critical now that everyone is worried about the U.S. economy, oil, Iraq, houses, and the $.

Fly, have a good weekend yourself.

-gio
 
Good call on HANS. Gotta enjoy the nice 10% gain I've got to start the year...
 
Hey, great first couple of weeks from you!! Congrats!

Got 2.4 this week but only 2.7 for the year. It hurts to be so dicktarded.

:-(
 
I can't believe you made over $8 million dollars already this year and it is still January. Congrats.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.