Thursday, January 25, 2007

 

Closing Comments

I really took a good thrashing today, with outsized losses in everything but AAPL. All in all, I was hammered to the tune of 1.4%-- effectively poleaxing me back to writing in a first person format.

Even though today's dip scared me, I kept buying more. I know the housing market is gay and the market is up big. I still believe 2007 is going to be a great year. Therefore, I will instruct my fucking trader/servant to fetch me warm, not hot, slices of pizza and buy the dips-- until May.

I know, days like today make you want to shoot yourself in the nuts or dive head first into an empty pool-- but don't do it.

The bears will not take control of the market-- mainly because they are weak, dickless, fucktarded asshats. Plus, we have the "Fast Money 5" in our corner--bullish on all sorts of high multiple dicerolls.

Finally, the dip in MVIS was uneventful and on very low volume. If a gun were put to my head, in order to extract three stock picks, I'd pick MVIS, AAPL and SVG (gold).

Comments:
I feel yah. ALL my positions were in the red most of the day, so I added to the ones that went green. On the other hand, my shorts were UP (wtf? i am an asshat). I didn't want to switch positions, so I just bought the dip.
 
joining the club here... all my positions were down (at least I didn't have shorts to go green on me!), down 1.86% on the day.
sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you, no big deal.
 
That shit was funny!
 
a telling day - I was only saved (flat on day) by wild ass earnings speculation - calls on TRID, EBAY, puts on SSTI. Energy/AE was flat out ugly. Tech ugly. But tomorrow, tech will be good and energy will be up, because the market is evil and enjoys whipsaws and chains ;)

where's that shorting kid guy - I think it's time to short dang near everything in China that's coming off huge runups. I've made money on both Jan and Feb puts in LFC, and several stocks like that have really cracked. what does the kid say?
 
Jerome -- I am not sure that's where you want to be focusing your shorting efforts. Their stock market is on fire and only a handful of names exist to invest in. I asked earlier about NTES for a long trade because my belief is that this group has the best upside potential of all the technology groups and ultimately could trade like B2B stocks did in late 90's. Supply:demand is skewed towards demand -- everybody wants to get in on action in China and these stocks are the means to participate. I think FLY is playing FXI. If the market goes to shit then this group COULD be a short but that is not a guarantee given the strength of the Shanghai exchange.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.