Monday, January 22, 2007

 

Position Updates: MVIS

Ok, I have been meaning to talk about this for awhile.

Although I love MVIS's technology and the dream of landing a monster winner, I have zero loyalty to Microvision. My objective is to make money in the stock, not help finance them or offer free promotion (which I do too much).

My point: Many of you have followed me into MVIS and I do not want to see you get hurt-- should the market correct. I am a big boy and can withstand asshole buying and selling sprees Moreover, I am able to add to my position at will.

Furthermore, if MVIS hits my price target, which changes all the time, I will sell the fucker and move on. It's that simple. No regrets, no looking back.

I guess what I am saying is MVIS is my diceroll and is not, by any means, a "sure bet" or conservative investment. I have been flame broiled on many stocks, just like MVIS. Moreover, I could get burned on MVIS too. I am 100% aware of the risks associated with buying concept stocks.

Consider this the first and last serious risk disclosure on MVIS.

NOTE: Right out the gate, there was a big seller of about 60- 70,000 shares. My rumor mill (which cannot be verified) says Deutsche Bank has been unloading some shares. Apparently, they own it from much lower prices. Other than that, I like the way the stock has stabilized and would consider buying more if it held $3.60.

Comments:
Oil is a bull trap. WTF? If oil isn't going to rally, then I think tech should be bought.
 
Correction: MVIS is OUR diceroll. We all know the risks, and potential rewards. Buy or Sell with a clear conscience!

I for one, haven't seen a shred of evidence to suggest that Microvision's product pipeline has gotten any less compelling or timely. And I'm not going to let a GENERAL tech sector retreat pull me out of a triple-bagger-PLUS.
 
Oil is gay. Sorry.
 
Mike:

Goldman Sachs bullish on oil (see quote posted under HANS entry this morning)

A bull that's not easily dismissed, in my opinion.

Gay or not.
 
Whether oil is gay or lesbian is of no consequence to me. I'd just rather be on the right side of the trade. It looks like sideways action is here to stay.
 
It's not the laziness of registering that is slowing people. It's the confusion caused by "beta blog" versus "new blog" versus "old blog" versus "google account" versus *whatever* crap. I had to go through about 20 screens of garbage before I figured out which combination of e-mail addy or username or password it wanted.
 
No disrespect, but perhaps that is why they call you the digital doofus!?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.