Friday, January 26, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Energy

Where's global warming when you need it? It is so fucking cold in NYC today, I feel as if my head is going to flash freeze and fall off. I should buy some homeless penguins and have them frolic around my house. That would really piss off the neighbors, wouldn't it?

With this type of weather, no way oil/natty is going lower.

Within the two sectors, I like SU, NGAS, GMXR, ARD and CEO for a trade.

Also, I want to be long the NIKKEI on this dip. There, I want to own NKZ-wt or NKI-wt. Both are highly levered plays on the NIKKEI 225.

Finally, I like the action in Gold and Telecom. There, I am long SVG and TKC. The action in the general market is weak. Moreover, I get the feeling we may swan dive today, as investors fear being "machine gunned" by the bears.

Comments:
SMH holding tough, should go much higher today if the market does any recovery. Hopefully, I can get out by 2:00 since I have a 4:00 tee time for nine holes (sorry Fly, weather is cold here in Fl. too but should get up to 65 degrees).
 
The bears have no MOJO.

Go Goldilocks
 
hey broker,
what's with mvis? who's doing all that selling, is that you? Haha
 
KD-

You were saying?
 
This is the first day in a while that I'm seeing actual buying pressure in MVIS. Last four days it has been mainly retail, with an occasional large block, and some short covering. There is definitely a buyer(s) today.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.