Tuesday, January 30, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Industrials

With oil going bottle rocket on the consumer, apparently, there isn't any money left over for chicken wings. Nonetheless, I am a buyer of BWLD down here-- even though it is "machine gunning" me.

Oil looks great. But, next thing you know-- it craters and is for the asshats again. There are better places to invest, than to fuck around with the insane people who trade oil. Those people are not normal-- stay away.

Today, there is pockets of strength, especially in the Industrials. Stocks like ITW, TEX, PCP and BDK look great. I guess today's theme is to buy big, old companies with steady earnings.

Bottom line: There is definitely a bullish tone in today's trading. However, I won't be happy until AAPL goes green.

NOTE: Like many others, I was blindsided on NTRI. Because of my losses, I hope Dan Marino gains 300 pounds and explodes.

NOTE II: I hear MVIS is going on a roadshow next week.

The following Industrials have mojo:

ITW +7.2%
SI +4.9%
CLB +4.4%
BDK +3.5%
PCR +3.3%
CAT +2.3%

Comments:
Hi broker - I have a small position in NTRI. Would you be a buyer down here? Thanks...
 
Hey Fly. Missed you. Where you been all morning. Re. BWLD, dont you want to wait and see if that huge gap gets filled before diving into it?
 
this mkt seems very fragile to me. adding to my appl short, initiating mzz, pressing qid. now 38% short.

aapl is an indictment away from a 10 pt down day.

i know, i know, i'm deleted again.
 
I would never delete a nice old man like you.

I have not bought any BWLD today. I am not sure if I have an "appretite" for it. Sorry, I know that line was corny. I had to write it.

As for NTRI:

Let me get back to you on that one.
 
Richard, aren't you late for your checkers game down at the seniors center?
 
Broker, be careful. My work tells me the market is going thru a topping process. Stay with strong stocks only.
ank2006
FMT
 
If this is the best the big boys can do to paint the tape with their end of the month games then the market could be screwed for awhile.
 
For what its worth:

My "source" tells me NTRI is good here and may give guidance next week.

I don't know. With my money, I am staying away. However, it is down a great deal. Maybe good for a bounce.

My "work" tell me to wish Dan Marino a painful death and to buy more MVIS.
 
Okay - thanks! I might add a little more of NTRI; the growth story is impressive.
 
Do you think MVIS is going to get sold hard since they will be shopping it around? I suspected that this news was out last week due to how it was trading.
 
Why would it get sold?

The company makes a good pitch. Anyone who encounters this story will buy the stock.
 
It makes you wonder if they are trying to sell the secondary.
 
They tell me no.
 
What stockdoggg said is what I was thinking. If they are selling the secondary, it will get sold. I hope you're right A.
 
"aapl is an indictment away from a 10 pt down day."

If you're right...good buying oppty.
 
As far as I know, no secondary is in the cards.
 
Broker A: Is it possible to short China, apart from the FXI, CHL, etc.? The ADRs and Hong Kong listed stocks are generally real companies.
I want to put out the most speculative, bullshit, POS Chinese stocks around. Since I can't short any of them directly, is there a way to put them out? Something like a leveraged or highly speculative china ETF?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.