Wednesday, January 03, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Retail

In an effort to start 2007 correctly, I have already consumed 1 1/2 cans on Monster Energy Soda. Frankly, the high caffeine buzz is making me want to buy all of my favorite stocks, in size, with reckless abandon. So far, I have not done so. I will keep you posted on any "reckless abandon" transactions, on my behalf.

As for today's trading:

Well, if you were hoping 2007 would equal the Armageddon for stocks, you will have to wait until tomorrow. Because today, you (short seller) are having your lunch eaten for you.

All sectors, with the exception of Oil, Steel and Homebuilders, are comfortably in the green. The biggest gains are found in the Trannies, Retail and Networking stocks.

Within Retail, I like the action in PSUN, DBRN and ANF.

Which reminds me to ask: Is any retailer hotter than ANF now? I mean, is there any store in America that is doing a better job than ANF?

I think not. ANF goes to $100.

NOTE: The fuckers at Matrix Research (ridiculously corny name) "upgraded" NUAN to a sell from a strong sell. Don't get me started. What the fuck is a strong sell, compared to just a plain, ordinary sell? Really, the boys at Matrix are completely fucktarded on this research call and I hope they get burned on NUAN. By the way, Howard likes NUAN.

The following Retail stocks have mojo:

EZPW +6.5%
PSUN +4.9%
HOTT+ 4.7%
ARO +3.7%
HD +3.5%

Comments:
Would you consider RL to be retail, it seems to be doing quite well.
 
rl is good
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.