Friday, January 19, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Telco's

Sorry for the delayed post. I was out all morning, hitting the pavement, looking for a new job. I think the Chuck-e-Cheese interview went well. I told the manager that I was a really hard worker and that I would fucking "entertain those fucking kids until their faces turn blue." I am applying to be the mascot. You know, the fucking rat. He said, he'd get back to me within a week or so. Fingers crossed.

Aside from that, I like the tone of the markets today. I see that Yahoo message board fucker is still leaving asshat "last chance to sell MVIS" messages in my comments section. Just know this: MVIS longs are going to roast you and eat your liver, a la Chef Tokman.

Anyway, as you can see, via my seasonality post, February is not a terrible month for equities. However, I probably will continue to buy big cap stocks, like LMT and WU, while lightening up on some of my speculative positions-- but not MVIS.

Also, we are seeing a nice jump in Energy related stocks. Natty is on fucking fire and so is my GMXR position. I will be selling my trading positions into any significant rally.

Finally, I really like the action in the Telco's. Because of their big dividends and consistant growth, they will likely survive and outperform the market-- should it go down.

The following Telco's have mojo:

TCN +11.5%
TELN +5.5%
MTE +4.7%
CCI +3.6%
ECIL +3.4%

Comments:
Dude, you're hilarious!
 
I used to manage the big ass cage full of rubber balls at Chuck-e-Cheese...i'll put in a word.
 
Mvis will be 10$ end of year! then we talk with those fuckers!
I bought 15k.
 
Hey Fly. What do you think about utility sector? Had a nice move last yr and if the Fed starts to cut rates, should continue to run (along with telcoms with high dividend yields). Plus should be defensive if the mkt corrects. Any thoughts? Thx.
 
like em.
 
The Fly is full of BS - he's a tout that you lemmings follow.
 
EQIX caught an upgrade (coverage initiated at "outperform") by RBC this morning. Grooving on a $3 gain this morning :)

Next stop $100!

Is that Yahoo message board guy actually Cramer? I think so.
 
Mr. Broker A: You mentioned STMP a few days ago and it appears to have finally bottomed. Do you think this is a short covering rally or real buying?
 
Glad to see you and your sense of humor are back, Broker! Traderj...you crack me up...I think I need a job too. Do you think the two of you could put in a good word for me at Chuck-e-Cheese? I'm a great ball-picker-upper! jazz ;-)
 
Can I get a job too? I can make sure the kids take their shoes off before entering the cage. If they don't listen I'll throw them and their parents out. I can be the Chuck-e bouncer. My law degree has prepared me for this position.
 
I have never seen a Chuck-e-Cheese bouncer.

I will propose we do that. You can stand in from of the cheese and hand pick the kids who are trendy enough to play at the cheese.

Should they not be dressed appropriately or they have dirty faces, you will deny them access.

It will be a huge success.
 
MVIS... on a weekly chart, the 10 day went through the 20 day around the first of Nov. the stock went way up, looks like the 20 is about to blow through the 50, then away we go long term... this stock has long term support even at $3.16...on a 4 year chart, seems like it wants to go to $6ish, just my thinking.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.