Thursday, February 01, 2007

 

Quick Alert: Putting My Balls on the Line

With such an eloquent title, I must make sure this post lives up to its expectations.

Today, in true mad man form, I sold my only hedge, MZZ. I booked a quick, sharp loss because the "event" I was looking for fizzled away like my dearly beloved Grandpappies alka-seltzers. May he rest in peace.

Now, I may be wrong and the market may proceed to get "tea-bagged," but that's a risk I am willing to take.

Basically, if I didn't sell MZZ today and it went down another 2 or 3 points, I'd have to do some serious damage to my trader/servant.

I guess what it all comes down to is conviction. I am convinced the market is going higher.

Place your bets, fuckers.

Comments:
hope u got an extra set in the closet, you're going to lose these.

stay hedged, maybe u can keep one ball.
 
I thought I kicked you down the stairs yesterday.

How'd you get back up here?
 
Richard, you're showing your age again. Why in the world would you continue to fight this market?

What are you basing your decisions on?

Multiple averages and industry groups are at all-time highs.

I think you should LOSE THE CYNICISM that your generation espouses...
 
Yeah Richard--

Although we appreciate you old fuckers for battling it out in WW1, you are a negative bunch.

May I suggest a few large cans of Monster Energy Soda to perk up your day?
 
actually Viet Nam, but who cares. I’m positive on one thing ... making jingle. I don't give a shit if it short, long, or hooking on the street corner.

more money is made, and conversely, lost, at market turns, than all the frantic day trading in the world. sometimes the herd is wrong.
 
True.

But, you must admit, bulls are funnier.
 
And better looking...if I might add.

Did anyone notice ODFL today? I bought some the other day and actually forgot I owned it until I looked at my account balance and couldn't figure why it went up so much. I love those kind of surprises.

Also liking the action in HXM and HANS.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.