Thursday, February 08, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Biotech

Due to recent stock market success, "The Fly" has decided to travel throughout Manhattan, in his stretch limousine (of course!), and flick quarters at people. Also, I bought my servant/trader a new hat and gloves. He is now required to wear white gloves, when opening the limousine door for me.

So far, today's trading looks like cold vomit stew. The buyers must be out, buying new fur coats or some shit. And, the sellers are getting giddy-- taking down almost every sector. Moreover, it's worth noting, the Homebuilder and Steel stocks are getting "machine gunned."

However, there are some pockets of strength, particularly in Gold and Biotech.

Personally, I fucking hate Biotech stocks. They are like little time bombs, waiting to blow your arms off-- a la FDA denial. Seriously, one needs balls of titanium to play the sector in size.

The only drug stocks I own are DNA, FRX, GILD, GERN and PFE.

Finally, I despise the action in the Semi's. I spit on them. Moreover, I made a mistake-- covering my WFR short position yesterday. Nonetheless, I have faith in the asshole dip buyers ability to steam roll the sellers. Hence, I remain ridiculously bullish.

NOTE: On the back of great numbers, SINA is on fucking fire. Perhaps, the buying bonanza will spill over into PCNTF, SIFY, REDF, SOHU, TOMO and IIJI. Perhaps.

NOTE II: I feel something good will happen to MVIS soon. Call me a fucktarded asshat if you must, but I am putting my balls on the line here @ $3.36. It's going higher.

The following Biotech/Drug stocks have mojo:

ALKS +8%
BDSI +7.8%
ACOR +5.9%
AFFX +5.5%
ACL +4.2%

Comments:
Broker couple of quick questions on DRS. I like the business and the stock has been in a wonderful uptrend. My question is what do you see as a legitimate target on it should they beat earnings and do you expect that they have to beat big or just beat in order to squeeze some of the shorts. I am in the camp that defense will continue higher as Iran is not backing down and the President has allocated a tremendous amount of money to defend us from fucktards. Money that DRS should rake. Are you considering DRS a dice roll or a decent investment/trade? Thanks for everything dude and don't be too harsh on your servant, remember trading places.
 
Do not buy a stock before earnings unless you are diversified and long term..It is gambling plain and simple..I have learned this from experience..
 
mde -- Thanks for the advice but I have been long DRS for a bit here, I just added more to it given IVAC's results. As far as getting long into earnings, well I don't totally view it as gambling if you see an upstream/downstream revenue beat. If I sell lemonade and I am selling the shit out of it and you are the supplier of my lemonade mix then the edge there is that you are most likely making plenty of money off of me and thus you should beat unless your costs are way up.
 
Call me a fucktarded asshat too -- I'm right in there with you on MVIS. So Tokman sayeth...so shall it be done.
 
DRS to $60.

Earnings is always risky. However, I like my chances with DRS. Personally, I think they will blow the doors off.

Let's see.

Get your dice ready.
 
"Do not buy a stock before earnings unless you are diversified and long term..It is gambling plain and simple..I have learned this from experience.."

Oh boy, did I learn that lesson the hard way with SYMC a few years ago. AH earnings, stock going up great all day, and I was a greedy bastard only to see the POS drop like a rock on disappointing guidance. OUCH.
 
It's a two sided coin(i.e. IVAC).
 
You guys think this gold thing is just a day trade? Or a hold?
 
a hold.
 
Will DNA ever crack $100? I keep telling myself "this time."

Motley Fool Rule Breakers heavily pumps EXEL in their newsletter. "They have more cancer drugs in their pipeline than Genentech," something like that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.