Thursday, February 15, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Food & Beverage

Does it make me a glutton, eating my entire box of chocolates and then rifling through my wife's box for more? I don't think so. Chocolate tastes good. Besides, I understand eating large quantities of chocolate helps indigenous cacao workers. I am all about helping cacao workers, throughout the world.

After several big days, I expect the market will rest today and offer little excitement. I feel there are a few good trades out there, like NTGR and BWLD ahead of numbers. But, all in all, today will be a napper.

Food and Beverage stocks are doing well, with outsized gains in DA, DKAM, BUD, SFD, TAP, HSY and MSSR.

Additionally, I like the action in the banks. CS, NMR and KB look great. Also, I am thinking about taking a stab at IAAC down here. That stock has been ripped to shreds.

Finally, right now, my favorite market is the NIKKEI. Japan is rocking and I expect they will outperform in 2007. My favorite way to play Japan, is through risky call warrants on the NIKKEI 225-- NKI' or NKI-wt.

Comments:
I'm with you on IAAC. Got lucky to snag some after hours and hoping to let it go in low to mid-20s.
 
Fly: Any thoughts of perhaps adding something like FXY if your bullish on Japan. Its a new ETF listing as of yesterday which is a play on YEN without having to play with risky currency futures. Some day Japan will need to raise rates because of a strong economy and the Yen should then rise against the dollar. Opinion?
 
No way. Japan is keeping the Yen down. I don't want to get in front of that.

If you want currency diversification, fo with the FXE (euro).
 
nki-wt

NIKKEI 225 CALL WARRANTS
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.