Tuesday, February 27, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: General Market

Naturally, after a 9% plunge in the Chinese markets, we are enduring some early selling pressure. However, let's put everything in perspective. The Chinese fuckers were up like 120% last year. Needless to say, a correction was long overdue and investors should buy the dip, instead of selling-- like a bunch of pussies.

So far, the sellers are trying their hardest to make tomorrow's front page headline. In the process, they are cutting out the tongues of several bulls, especially those who play with Tech stocks.

On a day like this, I enjoy napping and reading my favorite magazine, The Robb Report. While it's true, there may be plenty of good dips to buy or stocks to short. I am not confident the bottom has been reached or if the selling will continue. Therefore, I will take my losses, like a man, and waste the day in true lazy man format. In other words, I will eat large sandwiches and drink big cans of Monster Energy Soda or sip on a dopio espresso-- from Starbucks of course.

Finally, I feel HANS is a screaming buy. The numbers were better than I expected. The stock is worth $55, selling at $36. Also, it's worth noting, several Tech stocks are firming up: NVDA, CTXS, LLTC, CAJ, NETL etc.

Comments:
Did anybody sell short the QID? lol
 
Yes, I thought I would try my experiment again. I went short QID and short QLD for the ultimate arbitrage play. So far its a draw.
 
Nice bottoming action in FMCN.

If China rallies tonight, ADY will jump tomorrow.

Also, the metals are cheap.
 
I could kick myself in the ass for taking profits on my Ford short too quickly.

:(
 
Quick alert LOCM is running hard now!
HANS is as well as I think the sellers will get their balls fried by the end of the day after the con call.
 
me chinese
me play joke
on your stocks
I pinch a loaf
 
AOI is strong today, trying to go green. I guess people still smoke, regardless of what China or our markets are doing.
 
Not to worry, the ChiComs will not allow a market crash before the Olympics.
 
The "ChiComs" are trying to prevent a crash by engineering a swan dive; take your pick. I figure interest rate increases are coming, a new capital gains tax is rumoured, more deposit increases are expectable, and overall sentiment in SS is still only in the first stage of grief ;)

plenty of short choices there, just wait for the bounces...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.