Wednesday, February 07, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Networkers

The market looks poised to move higher this morning, as everything but AAPL breaks out. The fact that CSCO had great numbers is huge. Furthermore, I expect the buying bonanza, currently underway at CSCO, will spill over to the rest of the Networkers, such as EQIX, LVLT, TLAB, GLBC and AKAM.

I blew out most of my IVAC position and will likely roll it up to DRS. Just so you know, IVAC supplies parts to DRS for its night vision devices. With earnings right around the corner, I am taking my IVAC diceroll and moving it to DRS.

Also, it's worth noting the weakness in the dollar. Should it continue to suck wind, I expect to see higher Oil/Gold prices.

Finally, I may start adding to my minor LOCM position. The company is so small-- it may just work.

NOTE: The last sentence above is fucktardingly incoherent.

Comments:
ont is up 10% this morning
 
Even that complete loser RACK got a gap-up out of the CSCO news.

I would dare say that CSCO just saved tech, for this quarter.
 
I see.

My only problem with the company is the last conference call. The new CEO sounded uninformed.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.