Thursday, February 01, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Semiconductors

Like a prissy bitch, I sold out my GMCR position at $52-- because I didn't like their IR department. So much for my smell testing skills.

With Michael Dell coming back to run DELL, I like the stock here and feel HPQ is a sell. I know, it's very early to make such bold predictions. But, last year AMD looked as if it were going straight to $100, until INTC kicked them in the shorts. INTC is also a buy.

Bottom line: DELL is a compelling turnaround story.

Also, I like the Semi's for a trade. ONNN, UCTT, FORM, TSRA and SIMO have good momentum.

Basically, I expect we will enjoy a short covering rally today-- as the sellers poleax themselves into oblivion.

Finally, MVIS is very weak-- as the buyers lose interest-- the sellers gain courage. The great part about owning MVIS is knowing they could announce a major cellphone deal for their Picop, literally any day. The fucktarded part of owning it, is not knowing when it will come.

It's a classic damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario-- where it doesn't make sense to buy or sell right now.

With my money, I will sit back and collect shares-- as the little people lose interest. Any selling will hit the stock hard, since there aren't any momentum players left. I'd look to back up the truck in the $3.20's.

NOTE: Good call to a certain broker who gave me ITWO yesterday.

UPDATE: MVIS bottomed here and looks impressive.

Comments:
I made a mint in Archer Daniels last night. Dumped it all above 35, but it probably goes higher. My nat gas stock is working too.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=POU.TO&t=5d

**this post/comment will effectively ruin my chances of ever making money trading again.
 
Gold stocks not confirming yesterdays breakout or this mornings gain in the physical gold. Fly: Time to short NEM which has been the weakest gold stock?
 
Scratch that, just went long PAAS about an hour ago. Chips hanging tough and AMD looking for a dead man's bounce.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.