Wednesday, February 14, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Semiconductors

When I saw the blow out numbers from GRMN this morning, I nearly shit my pants. Being short SiRF, I anticipated being down a quick $3-- considering SiRF is a supplier to GRMN. But, to my surprise, SiRF is barely up, +.45. Hence, I spit on SiRF shareholders. Being long SiRF, after seeing GRMN up a 6 spot, has to be equal to sliding on hot shit on a balmy summer day.

Today, Bernanke is scheduled to open his big fat mouth. Therefore, I anticipate some wild gyrations in U.S. equities.

Already, stocks are doing well, with nice gains in GRMN, TIE, PFCB, FSLR, ACS etc.

Also, it's worth noting, the U.S. dollar is sucking wind. As a result, Gold/Silver are going higher. As you know, SVG is my favorite way to play Gold.

Telecom stocks are outperforming, with outsized gains in TCN, SAT, MICC, RRST, GLDN and SBAC.

Finally, BWLD is the suicide bomber of Broker A's portfolio. I swear to everything holy, BWLD better "nuclear bomb" their earnings estimates and "shotgun" the analyst's who have been "machine gunning" their stock, almost every fucking day. Well done shorts.

NOTE: Men with bigger balls than me are loading up on NTRI, ahead of tonight's numbers. I am hearing rumors of a potential stock buyback.

The following Semi's have mojo:

MIPS +6.9%
VSEA +6.3%
ATE +4.1%
UCTT +4.2%
WFR +2.9%

Comments:
Anyone need any "lunch money?" I'm buying...
 
If you're going to Katz's Deli, I'd love a triple tower tongue on rye, extra pickle, and a large Diet Mountain Dew.
Thanks wood!

Never eating another wing.
 
F - Richard
 
Are they going to machine gun this market again??? the VIX is below 10.
 
Must be time to short SMH and/or SPY on this gap-everybody here is giddy.
 
Sellers of GRMN into this strength eat smegma.
 
Mr Juevos here. I didn't buy the stock but the calls two days ago. I am up 50% already but rolling into earnings. Stock could hit 48 or more tomorrow if the right words are spoken tonight in the conference call. They've already announced they are going to blow away earnings. You don't preannounce unless you've bagged a hell of a quarter and are going to up the ante. Didn't put the car on it but I did sell the dog
 
PS that is NTRI I' talking about
 
Shane--

I am looking for a share buyback of lets say 1 million shares tonight.

The stock is fucktardingly cheap.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.