Thursday, February 22, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Semiconductors

Wow, this is a hard tape to read. I have been sitting here, for hours, trying to decode this fucker of a market and I come up with blank. Nothing.

It is evident, the sellers are attempting to bring down the DOW and the buyers are gun shy. However, the SOX going apeshit, +2.5%, has my brain on the verge of a meltdown. I don't get it.

Nevertheless, I will default to the bull camp, since that's where all the money is these days. Plus, the bears are old and stupid.

Aside from the Semi's, the Energy sector is doing quite well, even ethanol. Within Energy, I like the action in MGPI, VLO, SUN, FTI and NFX. However, being that oil is for asshats, I opt to stay away. I don't trust the fuckers.

The Metals are mixed, with big gains in PCU, FCX and CLF, while CENX, ERS and CRS get claw hammered. I want to buy CENX on a dip.

Finally, WFMI is on fucking fire. It is a position of mine, although a very small one. Nonetheless, I like the acquisition of OATS, but would sell into this rally. Right now, within Food and Beverage, IHP, HOOK and ROX are gapping higher. Hopefully, ADY will dip-- so that I can cordially ask my servant/trader to start "nibbling."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.