Friday, February 02, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Telco's

I am not expecting much from today's session. It just feels like one of those days, when you sit around the office, drink a few highly caffeinated beverages, while throwing darts at Steve Jobs' face.

I see the "bottom fishers" over at RACK will need to dig a little deeper today-- as their stock gets obliterated. RACK is done for at least 1 quarter. Stay away.

Right now, my favorite place to invest is Telecom. Former state run monopolies, with tremendous cash flow, are always safe places to put money. Until their fucking share prices start going lower, of course. In the sector, I like TKC, CN, CHA, CHL, GLDN, ROS, VIP, WIN and many more.

I am in the midst of doing some tedious research on the Telco's and will have a consolidated buy list next week.

Finally, the Semi's look good today, with outsized gains in NEXT, SIMO, ZRAN and CHRT. Currently, the only high beta tech stock that I am gambling on, waiting for earnings, is IVAC.

NOTE: Lately, the Metals have gone on a terrific run. Unfortunately, I missed out. The last Metal stock I played was ERS, several months ago for a 50%+ gain. I feel the sector is due for a pullback. Ultimately, the sector is going higher. However, I'd look to buy names like RTI, ATI, PCU, X, CRS and TIE-- only on dips.

The following Telecom stocks have mojo:

CTEL +5.3%
VSL +3.6%
RRST +2%
ESCH +1.75%
CN +1.2%

Comments:
Didn't you say that you like rack at 16?
 
I did. However, I hate getting in the way of a fucking mushroom cloud.

Trade at 16 for a bounce and then roll out.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.