Friday, March 16, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Currency

Here we go again. The "wheel barrow" dollar is losing value, again. Because of the weakening dollar, commodities should go higher, including Gold, Silver, Oil, etc.

So, for now, the play is to own FXE, FXY, USO, GLD, SLV and grains via DBA.

As for today's trading:

Tom Brown is on fire! Recent gains in LEND and NEWC make me feel like apologizing to him-- for declaring him an "Asshat." But then I remembered, he is an asshat anyway, with or without big gains in LEND or NEWC. So, no apology.

If you haven't realized by now, I am long the fat guy eating chicken wings, while guzzling large quantities of Monster-- who suddenly looks down at his disgusting body and decided to have more food delivered to his doorstep. "Diet food."

Because of this "philosophy," I am long BWLD, HANS, NTRI and ADY.

Aside from the fat fuckers, I like one Trannie: ACLI. They deliver dry cargo, such as fertilizers, salt, ores, ferro alloys, gypsum, and cement. Additionally, they transport, oil, chemicals and other liquid commodities. Think ethanol.

One of my new holdings is DIVX. Despite its weak share price, I feel DIVX will be a major winner in 2007. If you surf the web, you will come across DIVX software everywhere. Great play.

If you want more in depth analysis on my stocks, fuck off. I am too busy to mess around with retards on the internets. As you know, I have more important things to do, such as flicking quarters at white collar business men, from the back of my limousine.

Finally, it's fucking snowing in NYC today. I mean, just yesterday it was 70 degrees and balmy. Now I have to deal with this snow shit. If Mother Nature were sitting across the room from me, I'd have my "Metal Analyst" punch her head off.

More on this later.

NOTE: MVIS looks good here.

Comments:
Regarding DIVX. I can't even think of a website thats uses Divx (legally).
Meanwhile, ADBE kicking all buts with Flash. So why risk it with DIVX?
 
Richard,

Given that you are an old hag I guess I will forgive you but old people don't have the slightest clue on what DivX is at all or what it is used for. I completed my homework on DIVX yesterday and as part of that homework I downloaded 300 encoded in DivX and will watch it tonight. Based on my homework I expect DIVX to be around 24 by late summer if it is not taken out sooner.
 
Old hag, hehe. I'm 21. Question how much money did Divx see from that file of 300?

Homework for today. Please list all the website that use Divx as their codec.
Extra credit: List all the website that support flash.

Extra Extra Credit: Whats the name of the FREE(as in beer) alternative to DIvx.

PS. You owe Frank Miller some cash. The 300 was pure awesomeness, and you better buy the DVD many times over.
 
Richard A.

I own ADBE and feel it is a more conservative way to play video. However, DIVX will be bought out.

Would you be surprised if ADBE bid for DIVX?

I wouldn't.
 
richard a is 21 years old, hell i've got underwear that old!
 
I can't see DIVX being bought out. Sorry. It's just too much to pay for a one trick pony.
 
"I can't see DIVX being bought out. Sorry. It's just too much to pay for a one trick pony."

That's why you are a 21 year old hatfucker.
 
Over 40 here and I know what DIVX does. I also remember when Beta kicked ass all over VHS.

This doesn't mean DIVX isn't a good trade, but ADBE (who now own flash) and ONT who have advanced Flash technology won't prevail in the long run.

There are other new technologies that can compress video as good or better then DIVX that are privately held.
 
When I work... I am more of a blue collar type (two e-wifes so it keeps away any new prospects) but I did run with DIVX fron about 22-28 and beleive it or not I think the tout was Cramer and it was good money... but now I dont see it, sorry. I am a bit short on laundry money so let me know Mr. High Roller when you get to the west coast (your limo though would be considered rather lower middle class in the Neighborhood, suggest BMW or towncar) I am currently running a special at PCH and Malibu Cny on window washing, stock tips and schmoozing. I really could use the quarters, laundry day is Sunday. Your buisness as allways is appreciated.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.