Tuesday, March 13, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Energy

Right out the gates, Mother Market is hacking away at my market positions. The market gaps lower and ATHR caught an upgrade. I fucking hate when that happens.

I mean, what is the fucking odds of such events occurring? Just yesterday, I sold most of my inverse ETF's-- and held my ATHR and BRCM shorts. What do I get for my market prowess? A fucking sharp knife in the ear is what I get.

Max pain on ATHR has been reached. I will be covering my short and moving on to another painful endeavor.

As for today's trading:

Today, everything is being taken down by the hinges, excluding oil. Despite the Tom Brown Mortgage disaster, I feel the market is a buy-- right now. I understand the ramifications of LEND, NEW and the entire sub-prime market-- falling by the wayside. However, it's worth noting, "The Fly" has never really counted on the poor fuckers of America--to help out the economy.

I mean, those fuckers are too busy ordering coffee at Dunkin' Donuts, than to pay their mortgage bills on time. Hey, it's not my fault people are fucktarded and can't afford stuff. Those sub-prime fuckers ought to get on the internets, like me, and make an extra $100 per month-- by blogging until their fingers fall off.

Today, Eric "The Oil Barrel" Bolling must be happy, because oil is up. Moreover, oil stocks look pretty damn good. If you are not in Energy related stocks, now is a great time to position in, ahead of the driving season.

Right here, I like VLO, SU, GMRK, GMXR and alternative energy play NEU. Plus, before you know it, the hurricane season is upon us, wiping out key natty and oil facilities.

Good times.

Finally, on this dip, I will be buying MVIS, DIVX and CENX.

Comments:
DIVX looks like a nice pick here. I was just looking at it this weekend and wondering when it would finally bounce. A 30%+ haircut since mid December seems a bit extreme for that one.

As for refiners, HOC has been really good to me. I wish I owned a lot more of it.
 
Every time this "consumer will roll over and the economy will crash" thesis gets tossed around, I have to laugh. "The consumer," by definition, always finds a way to keep spending. If nothing else, they have babies: more consumers!

The banks and brokerages are endlessly creative in coming up with new ways to keep the pyramid scheme that is our financial system going. Quick alert: there's a pyramid on the back of the dollar!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.