Wednesday, March 21, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Software

Ok, I am not "the King of the stock market." As expected, Mother Market heard my outrageous claims of investor invincibility-- and punched me in the nose, again.

Not only did LNN disappoint, but BWLD caught a downgrade and MVIS filed a fucking monster shelf offering.

Trust me when I say, this is the natural order of things.

Regarding MVIS:

There is no fucking way the company would raise so much money, without knowing they will start producing PicoP products soon. I know, at first glance, you may think: "what the fuck, are they fucktardingly nuts" or "boy, do I feel like the fat bitch at the end of the bar." But, the company had to raise money-- why not now?

Just the fact that they are able to raise so much money should speak volumes. Institutions will be supporting this deal and will help this company get product to market.

Trust me, if this company was for the birds, no one would sponsor such a deal.

As for BWLD:

Fuck you Jefferies. You will pay for your disobedience, downgrading BWLD during the second holocaust of the chicken. I sense an "Asshat Award" may be in store for the Jefferies analyst.

As for LNN:

I deserve this poleax, for being such an arrogant prick. It is my punishment and I humbly accept it.

Generally, the market looks a little soft. I suspect the market will go nowhere fast today, as investors jockey for position.

The Software sector is up, thanks to ORCL and ADBE.

The Brokers are up, thanks to MS.

In short, it makes sense to stay long and buy the dips. Hopefully, BWLD will come down, below $55, so that I may buy more.

Comments:
Mostly shit news, but great blog coverage. Fuck those that stumble on this site and question your motives. I'll visit your sponsors multiple times today. Thanks for the CORS & ADBE call.
 
GDP very very strong this last week.
 
Yeah I don't want to get "soft" on you but I also really appreciate all of the work you do on the blog. Its nice to have other people that I can act retarded with on the internets everyday.

In less soft news, DIVX took a shit this morning after the lockup. A shitload of my buys filled in the pre-19 level bringing my basis below 19 now. I am a huge believer of DIVX and watch the shit daily (lots of pR0n). Broker do you have any comment on DIVX today? Personally I think the shit will get bought by some video or content company.
 
One of the MVIS registrations was for the warrants that can be called as of June 5th. As you know, the stock has to trade above $5,20 for MVIS to be able to call the warrants. There nust be something in the works that made them feel it was time to register those shares.
 
My sense of the MVIS deal is that whoever they are in negotiations with doesn't want to make a strategic investment in MVIS and probably said something to the effect of if you don't get your business plan funded, fuck off and stop wasting our time. So, I agree it probably is a good sign that whoever they're negotiating with is getting serious. I'd prefer seeing the other party make a strategic investment as a demonstration of commitmemt.
 
MVIS has said repeatedly, they do not want exclusive deals.

Typically, strategic investments are coupled with exclusive contracts.

This is the best way to raise money.
 
gap I've been looking at divx long here and was waiting for today open a small stake. I've been doing background and I think most likely the company is bought out. I'm planning to post some of my thoughts on divx later this week. They have a 20 year plan wtf? Yeah that will happen. I struck at 18.75 to open a position this morning.
 
WOW!!! Pretty good discussions about stocks. For awhile there this blog was starting to look like The View for stock traders and the only thing missing was fat assed cackling pig Rosie O'Donnell.
 
Hey caddy, get to work over at get short! I'm not paying you in cheeseburgers for you to post comments at this blog.
 
mdawsz: Nothing to short(and nothing to buy). Just a choppy market and an easy way to lose money before the Fed announcement (although SMH holding up kind of but QQQQ sucks because of futures I suspect).
 
mdawsz: I agree, I think this is a great entry point under 19. Risk/Reward is there. Someone like a GOOG could buy them also for some online video or video distribution with their compression. I am heavily in this space with the work I do (work work) and feel confident in them.
 
caddy: tell me about, I was really amped to get HAL yesterday when I did because it was a gay session otherwise.

gap: I like an aapl take out. The iTV blows hard (but I wouldn't know because I think most of aapl blows anyways), DivX could eat some of that market, makes sense.
 
As always, you are all wrong.

The metals are on fucking fire. Going long TIE, CENX and FCX makes a lot of sense.

Also, BWLD on this dip.

You guys are pussies.

If you were sitting on the other side of my office, I'd throw my fucking monitor at you.
 
BVSN on fire!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.