Friday, April 06, 2007

 

Back from the Acid Trip





Back to the MVIS story. Rick Rutkowski and his brilliant team spent the next 10 years blowing through massive amounts of cash, getting bent over by scum pipe bucket shops for financing and producing two versions of the dumbest looking contraptions you will ever see. Anybody wearing one of these things would look like a retard in a retard shop. Not only did you look like a complete moron, the thing was monochrome red. Brilliant, the world is exploding with full color small portable devices and you produce something monochrome red that even Beulah Balbricker would have a hard time wearing for more than 10 minutes. Needless to say, I think they may have sold 4 of these things to some Trekkies trying to win best costume at the 25th annual retard reunion.

In the meantime inside of MVIS there was a subsidiary founded by two more smart fuckers, Larry Dalton and Bruce Robinson, another license deal from the HIT lab, this one called Lumera. MVIS had seen a high of $68 just like every other tech stock in March of 2000. By 2004, no products, hemorrhaging cash, they had to spin out Lumera. This was a really hot deal that brought all the big players to the table, not fucking really you morons, that is sarcasm. The well known Investment Bankers Paulson and I-Banker took LMRA public in July of 2004 raising 41.7 million and got Lumera off the MVIS payroll reducing the cash burn. At that time MVIS owned 5,434,000 shares of LMRA, they are down to 1,750,000 as Rutkowski was forced to sell this asset along the way to finance MVIS. This guy couldn't run a lemonade stand and his stupid BOD just kept letting him run this unbelievable technology into the ground. By the way, R.R. was acting president of Lumera as well, they still haven't produced shit as far as I know.

Shortly after the LMRA spinoff is when I bought my first shares of MVIS as the stock had come all the way back to $7. A friend of mine told me about the technology and I started building a position. I could see the potential in the technology, Mems scanning and retinal displays, but at the time I had no clue the place was being run by Dom Woganowski, Norman Phipps, Warren Jensen and the rest of his class mates from The School for The Truly Gifted. After building up a pretty good size position, I decided to go take a look for myself and meet management. I flew out to Seattle, very sweet town, and went to meet Mr. Rutkowski and team and check out the place. After sitting in a room for him for 45 minutes, the startling reality hit me. Holy fucking shit, I have dumped six figures into a company being run by the spawn of an Alfred E Newman-Jerry Lewis ass fucking. The following week I liquidated most of my position taking around a $2 loss. It does not matter how good your product or technology is, if you don't have the right leadership, you are screwed. I was still fascinated with the potential of the technology so I kept close tabs on MVIS. During the summer of 2005 they brought in a COO named Alexander Tokman. In February of 2006 he became CEO and MVIS was reborn. Below is some video footage of previous management's last meeting.


Comments:
That red-headed chick is BANGIN.
 
Tell me more, Grandpa.

A much better post, despite numerous syntax errors.

More on this later.

I am fucking busy getting ready for "election day."
 
I got one of those head wearing thingamajigs in my box of Cocoa Puffs this morning.
 
Found the Taco's prior gig here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXW9ft74pCI
 
Syntax? I don't need no stinking syntax.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
You have redeemed yourself taco of the morning.

I think they may have sold 4 of these things to some Trekkies trying to win best costume at the 25th annual retard reunion.

Classic.
 
Thanks Hawk, picked a bad morning to quit sniffing glue.
 
Taco, welcome! You're hired, m-fer!
Good shit.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.