Friday, April 20, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Homebuilders

Off to the races, yet again.

See, just yesterday, I was feeling a bit down on my positions and even declared: "don't view the market as a fucking cash register." What the fuck was I smoking or eating (oatmeal)?

This market is my fucking printing press. I'm minting money on it, while all you chart chomping idiots catch a few pennies.

The sellers have been poleaxed, on all fronts. Just today, a favorite of the bears, HRB, divested its sub-prime mortgage division-- sending the stock soaring 5%. The argument for lower stock prices is almost non-existent--other than a few idiots displaying their pessimism through the weakening housing market.

But, despite a weak housing market, the underlying stocks are ripping higher.

Many smart people I know feel we are near a bottom in the housing stocks. One thing is for certain, they are heavily shorted and can appreciate quickly, with any good news.

Today, NVR, TARR, BZH, CHB, MTH, HOV, PHM, amongst others, are skinning the shorts alive.

With my money, I'd rather wait for the fundamentals to rebound, prior to buying the stocks.

In the meantime, there are so many better places to put money.

For example: NTRI is reporting earnings next week. For some strange reason, I want to be long that name, prior to earnings. I hear the quarter went well and guidance may be strong.

Also, I am a big fan of the metals, specifically aluminum. There, I want to own CENX.

Finally, as you know, MVIS, BWLD, DIVX (sold some), GMXR, HANS, GD, UPL, FMCN, GME, RIMM, GILD, ADBE, NYX, KEX, EQIX and AAPL are core positions of mine. Additionally, I am now speculating with high risk names, such as WGAT, IIG and ARWR , amongst several others.

Over the next week, I will add a few new names to the mix.

Comments:
This post isn't complete without mentioning the XHB. Why do I always have to clean up after you?
 
what do you think or AMRN
 
of*
 
not familiar.
 
phase III for Huntington's Disease, results will be released sometime in May.
 
Fucking options are pinning NTRI today. I think I am going to add to my position ahead of next week. Broker how many shares of NTRI do you hold in your hands? 1476 here (yes dicks the 6 is a superstition of mine).
 
I hate biotech's.

Unless, I know a top shelf Doctor in the space, who can advise me, I stay away.

Biotech's are like small little time bombs, ready to blow your arms off.
 
6 is a great number. Good call on that Gapping, dick.

Currently, I own 12,000 shares.
 
Broker I don't want to get too fucktarded here but its fucking Friday and I am sure there are many idiots smoking pot today so they won't know the difference but what do you make of this comparison on NTRI and WTW and DIET? To me it looks like traffic is declining for the others while NTRI is steady to increasing? Thoughts?

http://tinyurl.com/277p3w
 
Long BOOM?
 
Gapping--

I must say, I am relying on outside sources on NTRI, instead of in house research.

So, all the traffic stats, to me at least, mean little.

I know the company has been buying back stock and fat people are still fat.

So, as long as Dan Marino keeps pitching their disgusting food, the stock should do well.
 
Broker you talk like Yahoo is irellenvant. Listen to Grandpa when he tells you "Money is very Round". Yahoo does alot more shit better than Google. I remember when Excite and Web Crawler were #1 in search.

When does Mr. Softy report? I imagine Vista is sucking.
 
Mrkcbill--

Don't you come onto the internets, claiming to know more than "The Fly."

I'll have you know, YHOO is worth $22 per share.

Also, making wild claims, such as: "I remember when Excite and Web Crawler were #1 in search" is fucking ridiculous-- considering the internet was just invesnted back then.

News Flash: There is no threat to GOOG, except for Wikipedia-- and they are not public.

In short, YHOO is a mismanaged piece of shit, and their page loads are very slow.

They are the modern day compuserve or Lycos-- if you will.
 
That's old person gibberish: 'I remember when Excite and Web Crawler were #1 in search.'

Somehow I think he falls in the over the 47 1/2 club.

Think of it this way, its like that black dude(GOOG) knocking out that old lady(YHOO) in NYC, stealing her purse, and then riding away on his purple bicycle.
 
"Compuserve" thats funny just reading that. Since were talking about HRB today can you believe they use to own the fucking internet. Another Asstarded Kansas City Co.

HP used to be a mismanged Co... while everybody was blowing DELL.

Broker do you have anybody lined up this weekend? Are you headed to Hamptons today?
 
email me if you want to guest blog.
 
lol, ob
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.