Wednesday, April 11, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Metals

Thanks to AA's stellar numbers, CENX and the rest of the metal stocks are taking off. Right now, CENX, PCU, ACH, BVN and a myriad of gold stocks are ripping the arms off of the shorts.

However, keep in mind, the sector is up nearly 30% year to date-- and is due for a pullback.

As a matter of fact, the entire market is due for a minor pullback.

With that being said, right now, I feel it is an ideal time to throw some protective hedges up and take some small short positions.

Furthermore, on a pullback, I'd be a big buyer of EQIX, NTRI, HANS and AAPL.

You know what, scratch HANS off that list (I'm too lazy to take HANS off manually, but had time to write this fucktarded explanation).

From what I understand, HANS is about to launch a new drink, Java Monster. This new beverage will compete with those homo friendly Frappacino beverages, by Starbucks.

Trust me when I say, HANS will kick the shorts and legs off of the Frapp drink.

Finally, it looks like money is coming out of tech and piling into commodity related stocks, today. For now, I feel that trade will work and suggest overweighting a few natural gas names, as record cold weather fucks with NYC. My favorite is GMXR.

Comments:
Do you still like CLWR?
 
yes.

But, I do not feel like adding to my position.

I'd rather buy DIVX.
 
i've applied whiteout over the HANS mention, but it keeps reappearing. pls remove it from the post. TIA
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.