Wednesday, April 18, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Semiconductors

After 6 straight weeks of unchecked gains, it appears Mother Market has decided to slap me in the mouth--for being such an arrogant blowhard. While it's true, my brain ticks at a considerably higher rate than the average money manager, I am not immune to Mother Markets' kick to the face, unfortunately.

Right out of the gates, I have losses in MVIS, AAPL, CENX, CLWR (piece of shit), DIVX, HANS, BWLD and WGAT, amongst many others.

Frankly, I have been too lucky.

With that being said, I will probably spend the duration of my day taking spot naps or watching meaningless television programs, while eating large quantities of Frosted Mini Wheats ("The Fly's favorite cereal).

As for today's trading:

The Semiconductors are ripping the faces off of the short sellers, with outrageous gains in LLTC, NSM, ASML, ADI and SWKS.

Guy Adami's (Asshat Award front runner) YHOO is destroying portfolio's across the world, with huge uppercuts to the scrotum, down 12%.

Gold stocks are off to the races and the dollar continues to suck wind. The non-stop decline in the dollar is becoming annoying and alarming. I do not like it one bit.

Finally, today's market losses should be limited, due to strength in JPM and CAT. However, I would not buy today's dip. It feels like a money loser.

Be patient, stay with the stocks you understand and buy them, after a 5-7% correction.

With my money, I will snap up sub $4.50 MVIS shares and CENX.

Comments:
"huge uppercuts to the scrotum" that is funny! Watching mvis you have to be awful quick and nimble if you want any shares below $4.40. I think the previous highs of $4.35 will act as support.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.