Tuesday, April 24, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Semiconductors

Prior to today, the sellers entrenched themselves in the underperforming Semiconductor sector. Stocks like TXN, AMD, ALTR, amongst others, went nowhere fast. Their thought process was to sell short the most vulnerable tech sector and wait for the bad news to hit. Well, unfortunately for them, TXN just threw acid on their faces, while picking their wallets.

The good news from TXN goes a long way. Furthermore, I feel the market will enjoy a new leg up, this time led by the Semi's.

Being that I have been neutral on the Semi's for awhile, my research is stale. However, right off the top of my "calculator brain," I feel BRCM, SLAB, FORM, SNDK and DITC are decent buys.

More on this later.

Also, the more I learn about ARWR, the more I like it and want to buy more. In my opinion, the stock is heading for $10+.

Finally, I want to roll the dice here, buying WGAT. Should the company get a cash infusion, I feel the stock may spike. If not, oh well. And, should NTRI go negative today, I will trip over myself--trying to buy more.

Comments:
I bit the bullet and bought some May 55 and 60 calls on NTRI. Not worth it to buy the 50 calls this stock will either go up or down 7-8 points minimum after this report I would say! Good luck to us......
 
fly, not gonna load up going into EQIX earnings?
 
In EQIX, but will not add up here.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.