Monday, April 09, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Trannies

The Soprano's is, by far, the most overrated/bullshit show on HBO. I swear to God, whoever writes for that show should be fucking fired and kicked down a flight of stairs. Maybe the writers, in their infinite wisdom, will end the show with Tony Soprano eating "Johnny Cakes" at a gay restaurant, somewhere is fucking jail. That would be original. Fucking bullshit I tell you, bullshit.

As for today's trading:

The Trannies are on fire. While the shorts get the old "chop your arm off when you're not looking trick," the bulls are fucking coining money in HUBG, CSX, GWR, YRCW, ACLI and TRN.

Also, the Food and Beverage sector is moving, with big dicked gains in REED.ob, DKAM, WBD, DIT, FMX and HANS.

Steel stocks are strong, with oversized gains in SCHN, GGB, CENX and NUE.

Ultimately, the market will move higher and break the jaws of many short sellers. Personally, I like short sellers in my stocks. They are like fucking prisoners, who I regularly beat over the head-- with a log of dried salami.

Finally, a new Chinese restaurant opened in my neighborhood. Unfortunately, already, I feel like burning it down to a cinder.

This weekend, I ordered (for takeout) the special "Phoenix" combo, which is supposed to have shrimp, LOBSTER and chicken. However, when I got home and opened the fucking little carton, NO LOBSTER.

So what did I do?

I ate all the chicken and shrimp, then, after constant prodding, my wife ordered me to call the fuckers and find out what happened to the LOBSTER.

I swear to God this is a true story. I called and asked the man "what happened to my lobster." He fucking laughed at me and said "har, har, har, robster is too expensive, har, har, har."

Then I replied: "but, your fucking menu says there is LOBSTER in this dish. Plus, you just charged me $21 for a few pieces of chicken and shrimp."

He replied: "har, har, har, menu is wrong. Robster too expensive."

After he said that, I calmly hung up the phone-- with all sorts of respect for that Chinese man, who brazenly opened up a fucking restaurant with wrong menu's and shit. Truly, that man is not to be fucked with. So I dropped the issue, knowing that man had defeated me in a chess match of robster.

Comments:
Broker any thoughts on ADY down here? I own a piece but this is fucking nuts, they are chopping it again.
 
Not buying, not selling.

Although, I must admit, it is tempting to just dump the fucker and move on.

Dead money for now.
 
No shame in being humbled by a master like that, learn from it and move on. I wish I'd thought of that, put something really expensive on the menu and then don't put the most expensive ingredient in the actual dish. I bet with the shrimp in it, he will get away with not having any 'robster' - people won't know the difference.
 
Good advice Hawkmoon.

At first, I thought about throwing flaming brick thru his window, then I realized he is a true master. Why fuck with nature?
 
Broker A (Happy Easter): Question on MVISW...if they call them in (expecting stock to get to $5.35 and stay above for 20 days shortly), am I reading it right that for $2.62 you can get one share of common in exchange for the warrant? Thanks!
 
Jason-

You have it all wrong.

Unfortunately, I am too busy to fuck around with internet people to explain the true nature of the warrants.

Just find comfort in knowing, you have it all wrong.
 
Well done; Broker A.
 
I'll save stockbrokr the trouble, and I feel sorry for jason. It's like when a puppy or small child gets hit by a plane. Tragic.

basically captain, a warrant is like a call that is issued by MVIS. You know what options are, right chieftain? Not unlike buying an OTM call, the stock has to move higher than the strike (in this case 5.30) for you have any fodder for da strip club, or gay salad bar, whatever your easter praising hippie ass does while deftly solving these complicated warrant riddles.
 
wow, that was sure to help him.
 
Hey, it helped me. Before I read my answer, I didn't know either.

^split personality.

real talk. Bro A, any thoughts on vimpel/dna into the quarter?
 
Exercise price is $2.652. Anytime after the first anniversary of issuance but prior to expiration (five years from issuance), you give MVIS $2.652 and they give you a share of stock.

The warrants are callable under certain conditions. One condition is the closing bid on the stock is $5.30 for a certain time period. If all the other call conditions are met, MVIS can force warrantholders to exercise their warrant. The deal doesn't change: you give them $2.652 and surrender your warrant, and they give you a share of stock.

Alot of people won't exercise the warrant prior to expiration unless forced to do so by the call provision. They'd rather hedge the warrant with stock, or sell calls against it, and trade the option delta around. As an investor, I fucking hate callable warrants since it can truncate the option's life and prevent me from trading the volatility/delta.

But companies that issue warrants love for them to be callable. When all the call conditions are met, it enables them to eliminate the "overhang" associated with the warrants and it is a way to raise more capital.
 
VIP a little rich.

DNA is good here.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.