Monday, May 07, 2007

 

Fly Sell: CENX

I sold 6,000 CENX @ $53.30.

Comments:
Is anyone else around here feeling like they are under performing today? Just noticed that the Russell and Midcaps are down for the day which must be why but still what do you guys think about the DOW's run? A little long in the tooth or going to keep moving up? Feels like if the MnA wasn't there today would could be down quite a bit. Thoughts? Wonder what everyone else is thinking?
 
The Russell 2000 has way underperformed the larger caps for at least the last ten days or so (although the S&P500 is a snoozer today). It either means that finally after 5 years the large caps are about to take a run relative to the small caps or the whole market tanks because the breadth of the market isn't well. A conservative way to make money until its resolved may be to buy MZZ, short IWM and go long DIA or SPY.
 
I've been expecting a decent dip so long that broker is planning to use me as a poster child for "internets retard syndrome"

But I'm happy today. I noticed almost all the short/ultrashort ETFs were up, including SDS even though SPX is up, looks like hopefully-smart money positioning in advance. I exited ACH today; my longs are dwindling. Longer term, I believe large cap outperformance keeps going as long as US economic underperformance persists.
 
I have a small amount devoted to a dollar neutral DDM/TWM paired trade. It gives me 2x leverage long exposure on the DJIA and 2x leverage short exposure on IWM. Another advantage of using TWM vs the IWM is that I'm not short any dividends declared by components of the IWM.
 
btw, how 'bout IIG now. earns were great but the CEO's heading to jail and the end is "near". What month of puts does all this translate into?

Or, is there a risk that "joe sixpack-and-a-website" doesn't read Barrons and may continue to be stupid?
 
I am staying away from the name. Too much asshattery going on there.
 
Jesus christ flydom is going to hell in a handbasket!!! 70% of you really believe the down is going to 14000 next? Wow!
 
Anyone have any thoughts on shorting NILE or HLYS?
 
Short AMZN.
 
no dice on NILE or HLYS.

However, I'd be careful with HLYS. Kids love those wheels.
 
I think HLYS will shit itself however I will not test the calculator brain today. I feel like its a gay ass day with the fucking Russell down and the midcaps sucking wind. With summer coming and "The Global Warming" making things 150 degrees according to the faggots out there I don't expect anyone would want to wear these black shoes and skate around in the heat while skinning their knees alive. I think "The Ducati" said they were going to 75 anyway.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.