Tuesday, May 01, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Hardware

I do not feel comfortable adding to my positions, nor shorting stocks. The market has a fucked up feel to it. Therefore, I will be reducing my equity exposure for some wheel barrow dollars.

Despite small pockets of strength, I sense a sentiment shift, as investors cash in their chips-- following a spectacular April.

I am in a difficult position, due to long term, entrenched, positions-- which I cannot sell. And, my unwillingness to throw a few shorts on the grill, makes me both stupid and lazy. Basically, aside from special situations, I am a sitting duck.

However, I'll have you know, I am a duck with teeth, who will bite your arm off-- if provoked.

Normally, I'd feel like buying HANS, down a dollar. Not today.

Today, I will do nothing, while the CNBC jerks dance around on T.V.-- like little circus geeks.

As for today's trading:

Certain Hardware names look good, especially HPQ, RIMM, CAJ, LOGI and LXK.

Also, certain defensive names are green, such as KO, MCD, BUD and BKC.

Basically, it's a snoozer.

Off to take a nap.

NOTE: Please take the new "Fly Survey." Are you bullish or bearish on the markets?

Comments:
Circumstantially, I'm 100% cash. Lookin for a buy, finding nothing. DRYS?
 
35% cash and increasing......
 
allen, grow a pair.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.