Monday, May 14, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Metals

Is it me, or are the patrons at Dunkin' Donuts fucking losers? As you know, I enjoy their coffee, but fear being seen at the place or with its queer pink cup. I have resorted, on many occasions, to physically transfer the contents of my Dunkin' Donuts cup into an idle Starbucks cup, in order to avoid being labeled poor (as you know, only poor people drink Dunkin' Donuts coffee).

This weekend, "The Fly" patiently waited on line, with other "Dunktards," for a period of 7 minutes, prior to being served. The idiot in front of me was extremely agitated and demanded a dozen donuts-- in a very discourteous tone. However, after finding out the donut shop was fresh out of "chocolate glazed donuts," which he repeated 20 times like fucking Rainman, he walked out of the store, without saying a word-- leaving the minimum wage retard, behind the counter, with an orphan box of donuts.

My point: People who visit Dunkin' Donuts are fucking idiots. With that being said, "The Fly" has decided, due to this incident and others, it is no longer acceptable to ingest large quantities of coffee, from Dunkin' Donuts. From this day on, I will exclusively shop at Starbucks, no matter how bitter and disgusting their coffee tastes.

As for today's trading:

Another market opening, more money in my bank. What else is new?

So far, I like the action in the Basic Material stocks, specifically ACH, CLF, BOOM, NGA, CTIB and RS. I can smell consolidation. It's in the air.

Currently, the general tone of the market is somewhat soft. However, I suspect the longer the indices hold up, the greater chance at a short covering rally. Look for late day strength.

Finally, I have been getting numerous emails, regarding the complete sale of MVIS from Knott Partners. All I can say is, Knott is a massive hedge fund, primarily focused on oil and gas stocks. Additionally, there are several managers within Knott, who take positions in aggressive stocks, like MVIS. Moreover, like in any fund, when a manager leaves, the new manager shuffles the deck to his liking.

Look, not everyone cares about MVIS and its Picop projector. Furthermore, from what I understand, the entity who acquired Knott's shares, via cross trade, is a bigger and better shareholder for MVIS.

Comments:
How do you pronounce Picop?

Is it "Pee-co-pee" "pick-up" or "pie cop?"
 
Pee-co-pee
 
Sounds like something they put in the gay Starbucks coffee that the Fly is drinking.
 
Fly,

Speaking of consolidation, I see MOS running on the talk of a POT buyout. With these stocks ripping since last summer, do you see the possibility for some consolidation in the fertilizers?

Thanks, long live Jeremy,

-DT
 
Fly, terrible move on the coffee. S-bucks will wear you down over time. Just man-up and live with the pink/tangerine. Your taste buds will thank you.
 
Speaking of Starbucks coffee, what do you think about their gay stock at $29?
 
Bullshit.

Another fertilizer company will never buy another.

SBUX stock is interesting down here.

Yesterday, the writers of Sopranos had the worst show ever.
 
That show is really getting wacky. Although the old man certainly bags some hot chicks.
 
Can someone tell me why I waste an hour and a half of my time each day fucking downloading and watching Sopranos. It has gone to shit. Fuck I need a vacation too. Anyone noticed the shorts getting a little fucking arrogant in some names? I got a couple of blowups on low volume that these bears are trying to raid today.
 
Oh one more thing, what did you guys think of that bitch from Wallstrip on Sopranos?
 
I am buying SBUX this morning. The stock is sellng for less than 10X a tall hazelnut mocha. I think their coffee will eventually infect the whole planet and turn us all into addicts.
 
Gapyap my friend,
Yes you indeed need a vacation. Put on a little QID and enjoy Italy.
 
BOOM rocks.

dynamicmaterials.blogspot.com
 
SBUX looks good at these levels with multi year support around here. However if it breaks this level we will go to zero.

NTRI is forming a nice cup and handle for those who care about technical analysis. In other words we could see $80 soon as long as the overall markets don't take a dump and as long as NTRI doesn't get sued by the FDA for making people fat and ugly.
 
im---

I don't get into a position with guns blazing. My rule is to take a 1/3 position initally. Since I bought 300 SBUX @ 29.18, I am in the hole(!) right now, but not worried. If it goes down, I may buy more depending on how the near term outlook plays out. If SBUX goes to 0.00, I will buy the company and rebrand it under the name "Fucktards Coffee". I'm sure that will be more than sufficient to attract those who can identify with the brand, thus generating record sales.
 
Allen,

I was just messing. I don't expect SBUX to go below $25. FYI I got in @29.01. I was looking to buy SBUX below 30 and today was the day. I've been scoping this for quite some time waiting for it to come to me.

Market looks like its setting up to burn the shorts tomorrow once CPI numbers are out. Wait for shorts to come in at the close and burn them in the AM.
 
im --
Thanks for the chart update on NTRI. Since I have added SBUX to my defensive consumer stocks--MCD, BWLD, and APPB, I am hedging those positions with more NTRI, which will eventually have the same customers as the aforementioned stocks.
 
Starbucks out here in CA makes TERRIBLE coffee. I ordered a mocha the other morning and it was barely lukewarm, tasted like a maybe a teaspoon of last night's stale coffee had been dumped into the cup along with milk and watered down chocolate syrup, a limp fizzle of whip cream squirted on top. I was the only person in line too. If this is the direction quality is trending at SBUX, earnings will not be pretty going forward. Who wants to pay $3 for a cup of such swill? Not me, brother.

You energy soda lovers should give Xynergy a try, the cran/razz is superlative. I mean addictive. Check it out.

Love you guys.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.