Wednesday, May 23, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Retail

Yesterday, I covered my CWTR short. I said to myself: "Fly, these fat mountain bitches will not stop pounding you, until you're dead." Now, some of you may view my running for cover, like a little bitch, a sign of defeat-- cowardice if you will. However, I'll have you know, "The Fly" wasn't up to the task--taking down fat mountain women from their perches.

If I am to sell short stock, I will have to put 2-3 million dollars behind the idea. With the market ripping the way it is, I felt conflicted and thought my time and money would be best served elsewhere.

As for today's trading:

I expect to see more of the same. The shorts are being "machine gunned" and are covering their wrong bets. Hence, stocks with big short positions, like CORS, MCHX, ERS, NTRI and LNN, are trading higher, recently.

With my money, I want to go long some of the Metals, in particular RS. Without a doubt, metal companies, like RS and CENX, are takeover targets. It makes sense staying long and buying the dips.

Finally, it appears MVIS is off to the fucking races. Considering the recent stock action, I think it's safe to say the shorts are in serious trouble here. See, MVIS offers the type of upside that can fucking convince a short seller to jump off his local bridge.

Fuck around, stay short MVIS and find yourself filing for chapter 11 bankruptcy, once they ink the anticipated cell phone or accessory partnership.

NOTE: HANS just broke-the-fuck-out.

NOTE II: By the way, Retail stocks look good.

Comments:
JCG .. HA HAAA. BIG TIME..
 
long jcg.

How 'bout Hans?
 
Fly, finally jumped on one of your ideas (MCHX) after reading your blog for 3 weeks and kicking myself in the fucking 'nads for not believing you. Nice gain so far, thanks for your good work.
 
Fly,

Who manufactures your time machine?

Picked up some LNN on a dip this morning for a quick trade.

-DT
 
I'm in HANS 400 @ 39.63 on your "time machine" rec. I used to trade this sub $10 and sold my core holding @ 14 LIKE A PUSSY ASS. I am about to load the boat in QCC for a super sized gain. These guys want to be a big player in Canada nad have the mgmt.
 
People want to kick themselves in the 'nads, buy time machines like the one Fly uses, jump off buildings, etc. when they didn't buy weeks, if not months ago. We must be near a top (short term or otherwise).
 
Shorts have been getting killed in the market for months. That may change in the near future, but for now, to quote former Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green, "the Bears are who we thought they were!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkY5FuOKCi4
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.